Edit Button

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Darchon_Xegony, Nov 10, 2013.

1. Darchon_Xegony Augur

Is there any chance we will get this functionality fixed?

I know it was brought up when the forum change occurred... but there really is no reason to have the edit button disappear 30-60 minutes after a post.

Personally I'd really like to update an old post or two on these boards to make them current / fix typos etc.
  2. Iila Augur

PMing Piestro is your new edit button.
  3. Mary Poppins Augur

Mine stay broke.
    Mykaylla likes this.
  4. Tobynn Augur

Sending a PM to an admin is without a doubt the lamest edit functionality I have ever encountered on any message board since ARPA flipped the switch on.

When the admin publicly states that this is not only the preferred method of delayed post editing, but the sole method of delayed post editing, then the community cannot be faulted for complying with the admin's direct requests. If a daily landslide of such PMs result in a perpetually clogged inbox, rendering it essentially unusable for any other purpose, then perhaps the forum gods would rethink this idiotic edit policy.

PMs requesting edits to grammar, punctuation, and spelling are no less valid than requests to edit post content. PM early and PM often.
    Iila likes this.
  5. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

The ONLY reason I can think of for restricting editing is to prevent people from changing posts and then claiming that the changed post was what they had posted all along. As in preventing a Nineteen Eighty-Four Memory hole.

Very, very, few forums restrict editing to a 30 minute window. So, what about the forum here is causing SOE to think it is necessary? And why allow the 30 minute window at all, if that is the case?

I really wonder what has happened (or imagined that could happen) with SOE forums that causes SOE to have this policy. Is it really necessary, or does someone at SOE have the feeling that causing everyone difficulty because of (real or imagined) actions of a very tiny minority is the way to run a business web forum.

Has SOE ever explained this in a way that gives us useful information behind this decision or did we just get a, "Well, that's our policy that we have to have"?
  6. Reprisal Augur

These forums have a better search function than the last, so we had to be punished in some other way.
    Fanra likes this.