Easiest fix for everyone + you make more money!

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Lyrical, Jul 21, 2015.

1. Lyrical Augur

Insert quest npc into commonlands tunnel. He offers Dzadd type exped in highly contested zones. Max players 12 or 18 or whatever you feels is correct. The instance is a full spawn with NO RESPAWN of anything. From the time you enter the zone you have 7 days to kill what is up. Anyone who entered the exped gets the same 7 day lockout timer. Late entries for loot is fine at the cost of a 7 day lockout. This gives EVERYONE a shot but it is in no way farmable with that big 7 day lockout. The same people hogging the zones now will probably still be hogging the base respawning zones later. Hey if they get up to leave for the first time in a month to do an exped then maybe someone else will kill a mob in hate plane.

No way to lose. A lot and I mean a lot of people are paying subs to play on these servers. They are all quickly hitting end content and WANT to play it. They dont want to skip to the next expansion but have no other choice when all the end game content is hogged by 3 or 4 people playing 15 to 20 toons each and are logged in 24/7.

How do you make money on this? Keeping subs that are already leaving and will soon do so in mass when days of sitting waiting for rot loot turns into weeks. And here is the kicker. Make our magical quest Npc require a Krono for opening the door. I have never bought a krono in game or otherwise and never will............unless I had a good reason to.

Thanks for your time sincerely

Original player since beta 1999 who is looking for a reason to keep playing :)
    Rhiyannon likes this.
  2. TL_KRONOLORD Augur

3. Vaclav Augur

I'd not go so far as to say nope - look at PrathunEQ's post history with me - he seems keen on the idea of giving us something around Anniversary time that could be recycled for Live as well as a possible help for us.

But definitely will be a bit.
  4. Banuvan Augur

The only real concern I have with that is it might not even matter at that point.
  5. Nolrog Augur

Am I the only one having deja vu? This was posted before.
  6. Lyrical Augur

If it was posted before then more than one person have had the same idea. Ive read all the other posts but none of them actually spelled out why its needed and how it can be balanced and how the people I hope read this could make money doing it.

Ive always tried to never complain without at least having a suggestion. I hope your deja vu clears itsself up haha.
  7. Lyrical Augur

Your reply is absolutely perfect for the quote you keep on your signature and even better with your forum name.

That is the problem, to many krono farmers using 3rd party software to make running their own armies easy which blocks everyone elses access to content. That is not strategy. It is not ability. Its called a job lol.

But hey, if it pays then I get the reason why its done. There just wont be many customers left sooner than later.
  8. TL_KRONOLORD Augur

Yes, clearly the problem is a nefarious network of krono farmers running 3rd party skynet john connor edition bot armies to "deny access" (lol) to content. It couldn't just be that people with more time, game knowledge, and organization than you are killing monsters. Nope, that couldn't be. Better inundate the forums with whining that has already been shot down.
    Fastdefense likes this.
  9. Necromonious Augur

I love it how all these layman, often without experience in running an online commercial business, and without formal education in business management, etc....have suggestions on how to grow and expand a 15yr old video game in an ultra-competitive market.

It would be like me saying to the mechanic who's repairing my vehicle "hey you know what might save you some time and money on this repair??"....at least there I admit I don't know enough about fixing cars
  10. Lyrical Augur

Hey you guys are awesome haha. Ive played since original beta. Every class in game extensively so clearly I dont have the knowledge to compete as suggested. To necromonius who suggest im a layman, with experience running an online commercial business.........Lol im actually the owner of an estate liquidation company that has done over a couple million in sales several years. It was a good attempt at looking like ya know something though.

There is nothing more simple than saying to a business "Hey, this is what I spend money on." Currently a few people make the content made for all, unplayable for the vast majority of the playerbase and that = no fun, which = people that will stop paying.

Btw there is absolutely no strategy or uber skill involved on having 14 to 20 mages all react to a single button push. The only fun I could imagine someone getting out of that style of gameplay is the enjoyment of "owning" the content and "owning" the market.

I do agree the market is competitive I do agree that your attempt at a car repair analogy was a really poor attempt. Im telling the vehicle repair guy "hey i want my car to work again, i think its the motor as this is the same problem that happened a few years ago when i had to replace the motor.

A waste of time suggesting? Probably so. Telling them how to run their business? Nope. Telling them how to lose my business? Yep.
  11. Detheb Augur

Except, there is arguably more people playing "live" across the board than on these servers, and also the players that will return to their "live" server once a new "Campaign/Expansion" is released, aswell as returning customers, all of which their current focus is geared toward in working toward the new campaign.

They've done more than enough on these servers, and have explained atleast 3 times why true instancing isn't something that is going to happen any time soon. But yes, keep beating that horse! Seriously, I've had no problem farming every peice of gear i need(DIdnt even have to buy anything for my baby mage except his stein and earrings, and he's at 214 int). You know why? Because this game isn't hard, and alot of the complaints are simply "Woe is me, please instance!" when there really isn't a need for it further than they've already done with zone balancing.
  12. Lyrical Augur

Im on the live servers as well and have been since eq started. Quite a few server name changes of course since then but im with ya. I think over all the live servers have done really well for such an old game. I agree again with you that this game isnt all that hard. It use to be, it use to be absolutely difficult when it really was classic eq. That pain and threat of real loss is what kept me excited about playing for so long though it slowly got easier and easier as wow took market share.

Now as far as your ability to farm all your gear. Awesome, great job. Ive been able to get a lot the stuff I want as well. The issue though isnt difficulty like you make it sound. I wish it was as I love a challenge. The problem is, even with "zone balancing" is when one person can camp 3 or 4 instances at the same time. When you see 18 to 24 anon guildless mages in the same efreeti camp and then watch as they pop over everytime a new instance comes up.......well that isnt exactly skill that is keeping me out of those camps lol.

So without trying to sound like im whining about it. Please tell me how to work around this? Just buy the pieces that are on 3rd party army auto farm 24/7 and feed the problem? I would Much prefer to actually take the challenge of getting it myself. I use to be really good at this game. I could sit 12 hours in one camp working my butt off. But I must admit, im getting older, and I cant sit 48 or 72 hours just waiting to hopefully sneak into a camp in a new instance. And the real problem?> Who would want to?
  13. Druz Augur

This is coming from someone who's guild monopolizes 90+% of all raid bosses (And to be honest, it's pretty close to 100, the ones you lost aren't indicative a new trend, but rather a rare fluke). Has your guild ever considered leading the charge on a rotation?

What are our choices right now? As I see it, we have 3. Assimilate and join TL (assuming your guild accepts our app), join Apok and poopsock every day for 12-24 hrs for maybe one god or dragon per week, or not raid.

It's very easy for you to write off the rest of the server Detheb because you don't experience any of the negative repercussions your guilds action cause. Don't get defensive, like I said in another post, I don't begrudge your guild for taking what they can; but don't wave your hand and say all is fine when you're one of maybe 50 people on the entire server that basically gets what they want.
  14. Detheb Augur

Without using name, we've had agreements with individual guilds over specific mobs. I'm not entirely sure that is the case with the mobs being buffed again, but we have reached out to them. The fact remains, that these servers are not being instanced, for a variety of reasons. That has nothing to do with my guild or your guild, and all to do with manpower at DBG, and the fact that they want to retain a bit of competition on this server.

I think this is another poignant argument to make. How many players here, have openly stated they're not playing past PoP? Quite a lot actually, everyone seems to have that arbitrary cutoff. Have you ever thought that maybe they're thinking endgame? When 95% of the vocal players here are gone, those of us that are for non-instancing, are still going to be playing. Perhaps, amongst all the bones that have been thrown out against us, this is one for us?

As to "I'm one of the 50 people on the entire server that basically gets what they want", understand that we're willing to deal with poopsocks, being trained, being dps raced(Clearing DT mobs against Cazic knowing full well that Apok is going to steal Cazic as soon as those guards die), etc. Its not like we're being handed this stuff on a silver platter, when I say that people who put in the time, get the reward, it is exactly what is happening. We made multiple attempts at Queen Bee last night, with the knowledge that it could very well be impossible currently. But we still were there attempting it, and we'll still go back tommorow to see if we can do it. We'll go against whatever challenge is in front of us - be it another guild, buffed raid mobs, new mechanics that make no sense, knowing we'll be leapfrogged, etc - to continue to get mobs. How many others are willing to do that? Apok is the only one that has shown consistently that they're going to go that extra step with us, and they've gotten multiple mobs because of that.
  15. Druz Augur

Well you don't even need an entire hand to count the times you've lost a boss Detheb. These mobs are spawning 4-6 times a week where they used to spawn once, and your guild still isn't interested in sharing or rotating (or it would be happening, who would say no if TL proposed it)? Maybe instancing will never happen, but the server isn't "fine".

You got an early lead on gear and recruitment (who wouldn't want to join the guild thats killing everything?) and now you fully intend to keep monopolizing as much raid content as possible. That's fine - You guys aren't devs, it isn't your responsibility to fix the server. And we may not get the solutions we want (instancing). But you're being purposefully obtuse if you believe that the server is fine as is, or you really are blinded by your guild's success.
  16. Slavah New Member

I think it is a great idea. At this point something like this is probably the only thing that will keep me and a couple of friends playing on this server. We are committed until Kunark, but I really do not think we are going to see things get better with Kunark; even with pick zone. I believe being able to do some raid content/epics in a "casual" type guild would keep the population up on these servers a lot longer. And in the end, I think it's the "casual" type players who are driving the demand for Krono. I am well aware that anyone can compete for the raid loot, but things have changed over 15 years, many are a lot older with families etc.. Of course we do not have the same time commitment as some, but at the end of the day if we are not having fun it's game over.

I also don't begrudge the guilds that are competing for the raid loot now, honestly more power to them. Something that would let more casual guilds raid, even with a long lockout timer, would be very beneficial to the longevity of the servers IMO. Keeping the current raid targets with short timers so the guilds that want to compete can, and gear up a lot quicker.

I am thankful for the servers, and it got me hooked again for now, but I don't think it's going to last for me if it stays this way.