Easiest DPS Class to Get Groups With (What you Prefer)

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Lumiens, Jun 10, 2015.

1. Lumiens Augur

Do most of you guys have any preferences as to which classes you will seek out first if you need to fill a DPS spot in your group and which ones you only take as a last resort assuming that you are looking for complete strangers and not grabbing a friend or guildie?

I would assume maybe Mages and Monks on top and Rangers/Rogues on the bottom of the list? Where do Wizards and Necromancers fit in?
  2. Indigo Augur

Mage until Kunark. Maybe Necro, but certainly no melee until Kunark.

Monks pull. If a monk is dps'ing rather than chain pulling, you need a new monk.
    beyrak and nectarprime123 like this.
  3. Ducreux Augur

Mage-Necro-Wiz-Monk in that order.

Last resort: Classes that start with R.
    Valkerine likes this.
  4. Riou EQResource

Mage or Necro always first cause pets

After that Monks/Wizard/Enchanter (if they will Charm) then anything else as last resort
  5. Warlorf Augur

I've found as a mage I log on and then see my tell window light up with group invites. Love it
  6. Amoeba Augur

I think a lot of it depends on the group make up. If you have a bard and an enchanter but short on heals, going with a finger wiggler would be a pretty good idea.

For me, so long as the job gets done, I do not care who we invite to the team.
  7. Vlerg Augur

I use rangers as tank instead of warrior.

same or more damage, similar pulling abilities ( wic is little more than facepulling). buildt-in snare for Lguk and sol B.
  8. Giappo Augur

Exactly!
  9. Lumiens Augur

Seeing all the necro responses is a little surprising to me. I started leveling a rogue and decided that it seems kinda pointless until Kunark to play it as a main right now. I just wanted to do something different than Wizard this time around (but i originally played from 99-04 so not sure how classes have held up over the years since then really).

It feels like Mages do as much dps as wizards casting right now before you even factor in their pet damage.
  10. Adreus Lorekeeper

I'm a Mage, and I always find myself wanting more mages or necromancers. I've rarely grouped with any necromancers though, but I'm sure that will change with the launch of Kunark. We will see so many more monks and necromancers.
  11. Nickatropolis Augur

Any class that has a pet or can nuke works for me, melee is also good. Last night I leveled my shaman from 29-32 grouping with 2 mages, 2 necros, and a wizard. Lots of squishyness but fast kills.
  12. beyrak Augur

Yep, a lot of us are waiting for Kunark so we can start our main.
  13. bobjones1208 Augur

I think it's sad people are so concerned about having the best DPS possible in a group, just so they can hit 50 and complain about having nothing to do.
    Nickatropolis likes this.
  14. beyrak Augur

When we are doing our BIC in GoD, try to hit 50 by then. Okay? Thanks.
  15. Peone Lorekeeper

:D
  16. Aaramis Augur

Sadly, that mentality is quite popular already it seems. Rogues and Rangers are struggling for groups and are often the last picks on the LFG tabs.

Bring on Kunark, I say. When people need the EJ hunter/foragers tracked, or need that Seb crypt opened, I'll laugh at them.
    Fallfyres likes this.
  17. Wizard New Member

i don't know what i'm doing wrong then. at level 35 i cant find a group if it would save my life. And I play a mage.
  18. RainbowTest Augur

Sadly rangers won't even have a chance at that loot table as long as the pnp policy is the way it is. Bards will simply charm your pulls and bring them to their own camp. Maybe if you boxed a chanter and a ranger you'd be able to compete.
  19. Manian Vineheart Lorekeeper

I don't really have a preference, thought most of the groups I have been in lately are largely comprised of mages and necros for the DPS spots. I will say getting people to go on the live side of lower guk is quite the challenge, guess it is because of the loot on dead side.
  20. Numiko Augur

This has changed quite a bit since 2000, Ton's of hunters and foragers spawn now, not just one or two like back in 2000...... you wont have to track them, you will be tripping over them.