Easiest class aggro generation

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Mittensworth, Jan 18, 2015.

1. Mittensworth New Member

Hi folks. I want to level up a tank with some friends, and I'm looking for one thing specifically. I'm not as interested in survivability or utility as much as one thing-- I want to know which class would be able to generate the most aggro without eclipsing the rest of the group in gear. Which tank has an easier time getting solid hate so a strong DPS class like a wizard can just go to town?
  2. Mittensworth New Member

I'm still kind of new, but every group I've been in, it seems like the kill speed is entirely limited by the ability of the tank to hold aggro, and everyone in the group has to hold back quite a bit. Though I haven't really played beyond level 55 or so (maybe that changes at higher levels?). But if there is something I can do, I'd like to take charge as a tank and gear up the best I can to let people go (moderately) wild on damage. Right now I'm just trying to figure out which class would be best suited to that.
  3. Brohg Augur

On single targets, warrior agro is unrivaled at high levels; it's the best, by ... a lot. Every couple minutes, warriors get a button that makes holding agro on multiple mobs easy. While that button is on cooldown, SK have a much easier time than the other tanks holding multiple mobs and tanking them all at once. Paladin single target agro is very good, plus frequently their heals are so good they don't need dedicated healing, and with the bonus of stuns 100% trivializing some content.
    Mittensworth likes this.
  4. Mittensworth New Member

Exactly what I was looking for. Thank you Brohg!