Easier to Find Groups on Ragefire or Lockjaw?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Lumiens, Jun 10, 2015.

1. Lumiens Augur

Thank you and I appreciate any input anyone can give since I have a 4 day vacation starting tomorrow and I'm trying to decide between the two servers based solely off which one is going to provide a more enjoyable grouping experience in fun places (don't want to end up having to solo or kill guard or something to level, want to level mostly in dungeons if possible).

Can anyone share their experiences please on how easy of a time they have had finding groups on either server? I heard some complaints from people on Ragefire that things are so camped that its hard to find groups and places to level and then I hear the opposite complaints from Clerics even on Lockjaw that there is a lot less groups so they have a harder time actually finding others to group with.
  2. Zirquel New Member

As a necro in my teens on Ragefire, I've gotten successful, active groups within 15-30 minutes of turning on /lfg (the handful of times I've done it). I'm usually playing late night/early morning (west coast US time)-don't know how much that affects it.
  3. Lumiens Augur

Yeah, my play time will be pretty late at night server time for most people. I mean as I'm posting this its only 4:42 PM and its almost 11:00PM then East Coast time. Guess its both good and bad that I play in the off peak hours.
  4. Vlerg Augur

They are the most populated and active server at the moment. that means:

if you simply turn LFG on and expect people to send you tells for group, you'll have a bad experience ( except for chanter-clerics).

if you activly form up group and take lead. you won't have problems anywhere.
    Gythlen likes this.
  5. Weverley Augur

On Lockjaw most people play afternoon or evening east coast time.There is still some during the night but you might have to form a group.Remember that most people who went on lockjaw were people caught on the queue and that was mostly late afternoon to midnight eastern.Oddly enough i saw those systemwide messages on lockjaw during the night so looks like raiders are pretty active during the night.
  6. Kloodge Elder

I only leveled a cleric to the upper teens on both servers so far, so I can't speak about the higher level situation. The amount of groups I got by ooc'ing LFG was about the same on both servers: not very many. However, I found that ooc'ing LFM and making my own group was very easy on either server.

I ultimately chose to stick with Lockjaw because I find the people there to be more friendly overall and the pace to be generally slower and closer to how I remember EQ.
  7. Potsos76 Augur

It's already getting a lot harder to find groups on Ragefire. My 30 Mage has sat with LFG on now for days without luck, spamming in Guk, Sol and Unrest.
  8. Vlerg Augur

don't expect a group just by sitting around with LFG on unless you are a chanter/cleric. form up your own group, look for an open spot... don't expect someonelse to hold your hand.
  9. Nickatropolis Augur

Beg to differ, Pretty much any caster with a LFG tag on will get a tell from me if I have room. I target mages/necros/wizards/chanters first, but after that its fair game. If you're resourceful, and know good exp spots that people will want to group in, grouping is a snap. I've gained 7 levels in the last 10 hours (29-36) using the LFG tool and recruiting people to come to lavastorm.
  10. Vlerg Augur

you form your own group and make it happen.

for the lone mage sitting LFG he have to hope someone like you picks him amongst the tons of LFG players twiddling their thumbs next to a zoneline.
    Nickatropolis likes this.
  11. Potsos76 Augur

First of all, I don't just sit there with the tag up. I mentioned specifically spamming IN Guk, Unrest and Sol--thus, I travel to those locations and look for a group. Secondly, if there were open, level appropriate camps, I'd start my own group, but most CC checks return full results. Third, don't be a presumptuous dbag, thanks.
  12. Vlerg Augur

sitting in a zone spamming LFG is the equivalent of sitting on your thumbs doing nothing. sorry... especially with 6-8 instances of Lguk all at once, you arn't advertizing to everyone.

use /who all XXX XXX lfg, form up a group. get a wizard or druid within that group, start roaming in Lguk.. minotaur area, see if the crusader group is actually pulling everything or just the PHs... see if the ritualist spot is camped, swap instances when one get lower.. use the wiz-druid to TP elsewhere.

since you are still in your 30s, there's actually several camp you can visit... unlike the mid 40s folk who are stuck between Lguk lord /king area, sol B efreeti, and the hole ( solB and hole arn't instanced...) or worse, kedge keep.

/ooc LFG and /ooc CC isn't being pro-active.
  13. Potsos76 Augur

I don't just sit in the zone spamming. I am a longtime player and I understand how to use all the tools available. Sometimes, it's just not your night and it's not going to happen. Forming a group without a camp is not easy. Generally, people don't want to join a group that has no camp. It's not that easy. Also, running around dungeons through people's camps and hopping /pick every 5 minutes is time intensive and there are moving parts. Invis, trains, jerk-offs complaining when you aggro a single mob in their camp.

I didn't say it was impossible to get a group, but rather that it is getting harder and it is. I love how you say using the two main tools to find a group aren't being pro-active. Ok buddy. It's worked about 95% of the time for me, but what do I know?
  14. Nickatropolis Augur

On the contrary, that's exactly what you have to do, Form a group, and camp hunt. If places are full, you pick a new instance, and check, send different party members to different instances, work together. If the zone is entirely camped. Find a new zone. If a group really wants to grind EXP and not just sit around and wait, someone has to be a strat caller/go-getter etc.
  15. Vlerg Augur

works about 95% of the time but you spent days LFG with no success?

I'm a wizard... the less-desired red-headed stepchild of the magician class during classic... never set LFG for more than 10 minute.