Earth Pet?

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Numzan, Jul 21, 2014.

1. Numzan Augur

I am not responding to that other gimped pets thread.

But tonight when I logged in to run the same HA mission in WK my earth pet took a beating.

I do not like the whatever SOE did to them.

They where fine before, and now it seems they have adjusted something of the avoidance or hps and it was horrible to tank x2 mobs.

I hope they change it back, anyone else notice anything today?
  2. onyuyan Augur

Well I'm not going to completely discount this since 3 other mages I've talked to have expressed similar concerns, but I haven't seen any actual evidence. So most likely nothing has changed.
  3. onyuyan Augur

Well I'm suffering from not having good "before" numbers :oops: so for any of this data to be relevant I'd need someone to put that out.

This is with EM20 focus:

Going back I can't find any change with the earth pet's tanking ability (same +/- DI spread, avoidance, HP, etc). However, I'm parsing RS pets at around 110k HP, which I believe is less than they had before (can someone confirm this?), since they die before I can recast one when parsing.

The Earth pet's max hit seems to be 2407, which again I believe is lower but I don't have the pre-patch parse.

So these numbers (and my hypotheses) are meaningless without accurate before numbers, so don't take this as me saying there was a change; if I say "I believe" it means that's how it feels but really I have no idea.
  4. Necromonious Augur

I won't have before numbers either but I was thinking of re-subing now that there's new content. I'll check later today w/ 2 pet classes
  5. Numzan Augur

I've talked to two mages, and they both asked me is something different with the earth pet last night right after I commented to a different mage. They thought the earth pet was getting slaughtered, like I felt and something wasn't right.

I will test this in the same mission as I always do, with the merc healer and see if I see a difference.

The guild parser person, said that there is a difference with BETA to live RS pets but not as bad as in BETA testing. I trust him because he's like you guys on top of it constantly.

I found that when I tanked HA missions in WK the passage way mission one for the Evo aug. You know the skelly named. I run the mission constantly, then bail out if it doesn't spawn. Ive done this over 10 times now in the last week. Sometimes I do it 2-3 times a day. I get different mobs spawning, and the guards one I am speaking of. 3 guards at each house. I fade out pull x2 of those guards, and send my earth pet in, fully buffed. My merc healer has a heck of a time keeping up, so I had to spam my own heals, fortitude aa, shield, rune and my own heals. I finally died once. I thought it was me the whole time, until I resed back in, and same issue. I had to spam my own heals.

EM20 pet aswell. Something did not seem right at all last night, almost like the avoidance, or mid or hp's changed.

I hope to gawd this does not stay for good because after all the work I put into this mage, to get up to raiding levels and become ranked #1 last night on magelo for HP/mana I sure the heck wont have a good time soloing.

I don't know what to say guys, but ill test it again and again but it felt like the water pet trying to tank 2 mobs at once.
  6. onyuyan Augur

Well I parsed the EM 20 earth put just around 195K HP, it's avoiding/blocking about 25% of attempts, and about 55% of hits (~40% of attempts) were DI1 (not 85% as claimed by devs, but I've never found it was 85%). That's about the same as it's always been (this is in the Protected Passage Heroic).

I also had a friend parse changes to pets on beta - an increase in RS max hit but decrease in RS HP and a decrease in earth pet max hit - and I suppose it's possible these changes were pushed live (either by accident or on purpose).
  7. Coas Lorekeeper

Alright, I NEVER post on here but this issue really is big enough that I feel like I need to chime in. I'm a necro with EM20. Up until about 4-5(ish) days ago, my pet could tank two mobs and usually be alright in tower of rot. Fast forward to now, my warrior pet gets beat down so bad by a single tower of rot mob that the only way itll not go enrage mode is if I load my pet heal and drop heals on it in between dots. Forget about even attempting any named in tower or any of the other CoTF zones if it's just mercenary and myself.

Going further, I'm 99% certain I've spent more time farming named in the sewers of valley of king xorbb than pretty much anyone. Before this stealth nerf (or whatever it is that's causing my pet to be terrible) my merc could keep my pet up on named no problem as long as he had defensive on for the duration of the fight. Now, my pet absolutely cannot tank and survive a xorbb named. No chance at all even if I'm spamming my pet with every heal I've got. I do not need parses to know, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that something was put in recently that has drastically reduced my pet's ability to tank anything that is dark blue con or higher. Same goes for swarm pets, they get 2-3 rounded and are gone within 15s of being cast.

Whatever is causing my pets to be worthless either needs to be fixed or at least lessen the impact of the nerf, because currently, there's hardly any point in even summoning a necro pet when I can tank better than it does.
  8. AguaPurificata New Member

As for ENC Its hard to tell whether we are affected, Shiny Bob has been 1 hit for a while now...
    onyuyan likes this.
  9. Necromonious Augur

Sad news. I'll pass on the re-sub then :(
  10. Necromonious Augur

Since the devs didn't announce any re-tuning of pets in the Jul 16th patch or the hotfix notes, I posted the issues about pet tanking in the patch bug report forum.

I'd encourage others to do the same. At the very least they will acknowledge that they made a stealth nerf
  11. Kreacher Augur

Maybe it's only group mobs affected.

They are doing fine tanking Boss/mobs in raids atm.
  12. Necromonious Augur

I just re-subbed and tested. The problem is it's been about a year since I played, so everything was really foggy.

First I went out to the level 101+ static WK zone mobs that I used to farm (the hooded guys near that Lady dragon from questline). An EM19 mage air pet with max defensives could tank two yellow con mobs without needing any defensive cooldowns. It would die to 3 yellows without using frenzied/fortify/groundswell stance but that's as I remember from before. I just now plowed through those mobs 2-3 at a time at a rate similar to what I remember, no problems.

Then I went into a HA to test. I remember 'A Helping Hand' was fast and easy. An easy way to test 3 dark blues was I went linkdead for a minute after I pulled them. Came back and my cleric merc on reactive was keeping my pet alive vs 3 dark blues with no cooldowns.

Then I moved on to the imp mephits at the burning building. Again pulled 3 and used no tanking cooldowns. Pet got smacked down to under 10% hp and I had to pop Groundswell + companions blessing and that plus the merc dug the pet back up. That is as I remember it. I always used to have to CC a mephit or use cooldowns if I was gonna tank 3 at once.

I don't remember what the pet and swarms damage was from before to compare. But tanking-wise, I am not seeing anything game-breaking here. I'll post this in the other thread too. Too bad a named hasn't popped yet to try.
  13. Nefarr Journeyman

I have no scientific evidence to provide but both my 97 necro and 96 mage pets are tanking worse than before.
  14. Danille Augur

Seems to me that pets got nerfed. Very little chance for survival if you get an add.
  15. Necromonious Augur

My em19 pet was struggling to tank 2 mobs for 10+ seconds in Neriak AH's. I had to frontload aegis, host in the shell, and groundswell stance, and even then, it could die in seconds.

Pretty ridiculous :( (played for 6+ hours yesterday, lost dozens of pets to 2 mobs)
  16. jake New Member

I would concur, this has been going on since the Argin Hiz patch. Pet could tank 3 named in into the hills easily, no get devoured with 3. SOE made a change to something.
  17. onyuyan Augur

How do you even get 3 named in Into the Hills? He could probably tank 3 trash mobs though.
  18. Numzan Augur

3 named? na, think it was 3 trash mobs, and that is a feat too. 3 trash mobs could rip your pet apart, and that crappy merc healer usually cant keep up.

Sorry guys, will try more tests and load my other parses and compare tonight. Ill try to post my results and the feeling I get with this HA. Most times I rip through those HA's and I did see a difference that day. Its been a few days since I last logged in. Ill check it again this weekend.

Cheers!
  19. onyuyan Augur

Yeah I figured that's what he meant. I know in Scouting Ahead a max AA EM 20 earth pet can definitely tank 3 with one merc healer (4 would kill it)... but guessing it's much harder with a group focus.
  20. jake New Member

Correction 3 trash mobs. Using EMXV focus