Duplicate Lore Item error

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by polpoll, Jul 28, 2022.

1. polpoll New Member

Category: Other [Can Repro]
    Date/Time: Thu Jul 28 07:06:25 2022

Character: Level 117 Necromancer (Main)
    Zone: Palatial Guild Hall

Description: When using Folded Pack of the Diabo's Heirlooms I get the message duplicate lore items not allowed and it poofs away. I have searched all my inventory for anything named Phantom, Diabo, folded and summoned, The only items that show on any searches are weapons from the folded armaments pack. I am not trying to cast more weapons so am curious as to why this always happens, can be reproduced at any moment.
  2. Bernel Augur

If you just did a visual inspection, you might want to do a search using the 'Find Item' window, typically brought up with Shift-Alt-F. It will look for the item on your character, bank, housing, and parcel. Maybe the conflicting item is in some odd place.

Another thing you can try is have a different character unfold the pack, then give the items one-by-one to your character. See which one fails and maybe that will give you a clue.
  3. polpoll New Member

I am using the find item window when doing all those searches, i guess i can try and parcel them to myself from another character, i do not box and only have one account.
  4. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Did you check parcels? They changed that recently so stuff in parcels now counts

You could always do /output inventory too. Maybe your pet has one?

Yeah, I am thinking the item by item transfer would be the only way.
  5. Bernel Augur

That'd be good to try since the parcel will send back the lore item. The shared bank would probably work, too. Your main wouldn't be able to pull the lore item from the shared bank.
  6. Soulbanshee Augur

Shared bank wont take temp items.
  7. polpoll New Member

I think i will just put them in house storage, they never poof in there, just a hassle, was looking for a fix, not more work to do, but c'est la vie
  8. polpoll New Member

I may be the only person i know who doesnt use parcel as storage, its always empty
  9. Tweakfour17 Augur

This is possibly the root of the problem already, check your guild hall or house for accidentally placed items. I don't believe guild hall placed items show in the find window so you'll need to go to the hall itself and open the hall inventory menu (shift+i)
  10. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Its Diabo's Heirlooms and I don't think any of those can be placed. But might be in guild bank or just in guild real estate items
  11. niente Developer

If you PM me your character and surname server name :p I can look.
    Nennius, Stymie and Nniki like this.
  12. Janakin Augur

Items will also not show up if stored in a real estate plot that you are not the primary owner of. I had some quest items on a plot where the items and house belonged to me but the plot I was only a co-owner of, and they did not show up in find.
  13. polpoll New Member

so i should check my one alt search items to see if there are any in there?
  14. Hegsheoshed Augur

I'm trying to figure out what purpose it serves for those items to be lore.
  15. Janakin Augur

Yep
  16. Nytesong New Member

Moving from parcels to overflow still hasn't solved the issue. The game still thinks I have one on the ranger . Again, a complete check of locations, the lodestone doesn't appear anywhere except now its in item overflow. There is not one equipped, or in my bags anywhere.. I don't own property on that character .. so where is this mysterious 2nd magnetic lodestone since its not equipped nor in any inventory slot Item Search , only shows lodestone in item overflow now
  17. Soulbanshee Augur

This is not related to the OP and a necro post, you need to open your own thread.

If you placed a piece of armor with the aug in it, it wont show in find item unless you are in your guild hall. Open a petition, CS should be able to tell you where its located.
  18. Hegsheoshed Augur

It's the wrist slot item for the pets. The plate bracer from the pack of Centien's armor has the lowest ac and the two bracers from the Diabo's heirlooms will both replace the plate one on the pet. I am pretty sure pets can only use 1 wrist slot. I give the bracers in the order based on lowest AC first so that I have no leftovers or I find the pet of a suspecting lower character and give it to their pet. Problem solved and nothing going into housing to cause future problems. This is not to respond to the ranger post but to clarify what is going on with the OP and to expand on what CatsPaws mentioned. Hopefully it will stay at rest after this.