Duoing Monk/Shaman

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Ralfein, Apr 24, 2014.

1. Ralfein New Member

Is there a zone worth doing this? I took advantage of the heroic level 85 characters. I'm totally clueless to the game after being away since Dragons of Norrath.

Or is there a better way to get my feet wet with the monk and get back into grouping?
  2. Borek-VS Augur

Have you done the merc quest in Feerrott? It's easy so long as you avoid all the regular mobs in the zone. Even if you aren't Gold, and so can't make use of the mercs, it's a good starter.

Otherwise, try Hills of Shade with the hot zone quest from Franklin Teek. If you just want super easy to remind you of what to do, try the old Secrets of Faydwer zones: Beza, Zeka, Mechmatic Guardian (you need a quest from Dragonscale Hills to get in).
  3. Ralfein New Member

I am silver atm. I'm actually waiting for SOE to release the all-in-one pass. I haven't done anything but run around and admire a few new zones to this point. In fact, Secrets of Faydwer is about 5 expansions after I left. I can look into those. I've had a merc since I made my Heroic character so I assume they're still available to me.
  4. Yther Augur

If you feel completely lost, try making new toons (on a different server if necessary), just to do the Tutorial and maybe a little past it, then go back to the heroic characters and work on the quest lines. If you need some info to catch up, monklybusiness website has alot of valuable info about discs, AAs, etc for monks, and samana is great for Shaman info. Might check the class forums here too, as there have been some posts on heroic character guides for different classes.

You can delete the new toons after you've gotten used to the game again, since as Silver you don't have many (4) character slots per account per server.

Yther Ore.
  5. Rorce Augur

If you purchase an EQ subscription now, it will auto convert to the All Access pass as soon as it's implemented. Not sure your reasoning for waiting, but just thought I'd point this out.
  6. Sebbina Augur

Heroic Characters get the levels, skills, AA and gear for 85, however you need to develop the combo, I normally suggest working on low blues/gray mobs as the risk of dying is lower, and you can work on getting your efforts to be effective. Dragonscale Hills should provide some mobs to see how you are working, then on to harder mobs to get little group up to handling mobs of level 80-85, consulting sites for shaman and monks might provide good insights, and if you have joined a guild, hopefully, some tips will be available.
  7. Harabakc Augur

Hey may be gold for something else, and isn't willing to spend extra money when it's just going to convert.
  8. Rorce Augur

Which would be why I said "Not sure your reasoning for waiting, but just thought I'd point this out." :p
    Yther likes this.
  9. Yther Augur

And I read it with premise that you didn't want to make assumptions, 'cause we all know where they lead. :) An unassuming, well-qualified statement is good thing, imho!

Yther Ore.
  10. Ralfein New Member

I wasn't aware of that. I believe it was rescheduled for next week though, so I'm no huge rush as I still have access to most of the content.
  11. Ralfein New Member

Thanks for the tips. I guess I shouldn't be surprised that sites like Monklybusiness are still around. I'm more at a loss that I'm jumping into a level 85 with no friends/guild on a new server. I was a level 70 previously so I'm missing so many years of content and play in between. It is kind of like starting all over.