Dual-Box and Pack Leveling

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Xanofyr, Oct 15, 2018.

1. Xanofyr New Member

I recently returned to EQ, and rolled a Ranger on Test, currently 71. I am very much enjoying the Ranger and want to continue to main him. I am interested in dual-boxing, so my first question is what class would be a good compliment to the Ranger, while being relatively hands off. My initial thought was a Shaman. Other options would be Magician or Bard. Any intrinsic value of one over another? Second, what mercs should I run with any given setup?

Third, because I will be leveling a new character, I am debating leveling a full group at the same time to give myself dual-boxing options and a slew of buff-bots. With the understanding that I won't go beyond dual boxing (maybe the occasional messing around with 3), which classes make the most sense for the leveling pack? I am leaning towards SHM/BRD/MAG/WIZ/CLR, but I can see value in leveling a WAR/SK as well. Again, open to suggestions here.

Fourth, assuming I go with the full group, I am planning on /testbuff'ing everyone to 25, then using the Bard's AE song to tag mobs and DS them down on my Ranger until the pack gets to 47 and they can group with the Ranger. After that, I don't mind slowboating the exp and dual boxing with the other 4 freeloading, but wanted to see what makes the most sense in terms of getting the team up to parity with the Ranger, seeing as I won't have a merc. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.
  2. Eggolas Augur

Ranger - Mage is very good, giving you an excellent tank you do not have to gear. Bard - Ranger shines as well in HS zones in particular. The merc tank has some issues, but the combination is excellent. Bard-Ranger-Mage is a low maintenance trio, just learn the macros.