Druid + (other) boxing

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Daylenar, Nov 25, 2018.

1. Daylenar New Member

I’m on FV.

I’ve gotten my Druid to 106 and want to start boxing a second class. I’ve always wanted to play an enchanter and I hear that’s a good combo. I also like the supposed simplicity of adding a Wizard and having a nuke macro to just dps. I often play with my brother who boxes: SK, Shaman, Bard. I’d like to add something useful to that group, but it’s more important that I have a fun duo box.

How much work would an enchanter be to box effectively? And would I end up mostly playing the chanter and running macros in Druid or other way around? How well would a Druid and Enchanter with Merc tank and Merc healer be able to handle 106-110 content like Scorched Woods or FM? I imagine it would be no problem to kite or root rot but what about summoning mobs and named?

Any other box recommendations? Seems like everyone and their sister has a Mage in the mix these days.
  2. Nifty Slacker Augur

Kiting in RoS is abysmal, so don't count on that method. Mage, bst, or necro would all pair well. If you choose to pet tank, you won't need to go through the pain of gearing and exping a real tank, but if you did choose a real tank it would be better than the pet. If you plan on using a merc tank, then don't worry about killing namers in RoS, the merc can't tank those.

So, final advice, pet class or real tank. That narrows it down to six classes. Though enchanters are really cool, and my main is an enchanter, they don't add much dps to the group. Crowd control is amazing, but if you're dealing with a merc he'll suicide himself if you pull 2-3 mobs before the chanter can mez.
  3. bigpapa Augur

with a mage you got dps , tanking and pulling covered ( with coh ), specially with a druid, with snare it is the easiest method. snare the mob you want , pull toward camp, and COh ( a little away from agro range ), mob will stay there for the length of snare ready to be grabbed . and mage is easy to box as well , send pet and start aa malo and nuke hotkey.

and if the mob you want can't be snared you can snare several mobs beside him 1st.

coh once maxed is something close to 5 sec cast , for my mage I got that regular one , a 10 sec , and 15 sec ( on hard pull ) on hotkeys , since i only have one comp.so i can do my harder pulls np.

like nifty said a tank merc won't be able to kill nameds in ros .

you play in FV, check how well augments , armors / spells ( specially ros ones ) sell in /baz , you could be able to buy a kronos here and there selling what you could kill and with a mage you could . ( forget about tank merc killing nameds in ros tho.).

* if you can afford to play 3 it would be even better , can pop a firecamp with 3 , adding another merc , could add an easy to play bard or chanter as well. and casters to box are easier to box than melee imo.

* my choice would be chanter , specially since your brother have a bard already .
  4. Rizzin Elder

I think your biggest issue with 106->110 content, with a Druid and Enchanter box, is going to be lack of DPS. It's going to take forever to do anything. Expect that the Druid will need to assist the Merc Healer with Merc Tank healing so even lower DPS.

I have a 110 Druid and 110 Enchanter I box with a 110 Necro. I've recently added an SK I'm leveling up to help and the Druid pretty much has been relegated taxi service with a few bufs.