Druid mana regen

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Guday, Nov 12, 2012.

1. Guday New Member

Hey all,

I was wondering what you senior Druid do for maintaining your mana bar in an indoor zone. I find in groups and especially in raids my mana bar is sinking a lot quicker than other caster types.

Please help!

Thanks,
    Guday
  2. Mykaylla Augur

1. Anomalous Rock of Alteration and Tweyne's Stone of Evocation. These add to your mana preservation with every cast of heals, nukes, et cetera, between the two.

2. The Coldain Prayer Shawl version 2.0. This has a very high procrate to recover mana for you, and cast a small group heal, off any spell you cast.

3. Spirit of the White Wolf, Spirit of the Black Wolf, Group Spirit of the White Wolf, Group Spirit of the Black Wolf. Black and white are linked to each other, but group and single are not linked, which means you can alternate between single and group, and while you're doing that...

4. A VoA BP. The focus has changed to White/Black Wolf extension, meaning that alternating between single and group wolf form, you're basically always under mana preservation and mana regen effects.

5. Current beneficial mana preservation from a ring, and detrimental mana preservation from shoulders.

6. All the usual suspects, like clickies, self-buffs, mod rods, getting Quiet Miracle from a cleric if you need one, Paragon from a beastlord, et cetera.
    Tarrin likes this.
  3. Guday New Member

Thank you so much for the useful reply!

I have not purchased the AA's yet for Spirit of the White/Black Wolf so I will definitely look into that.

I have the 2.0 shawl but I believe I have the tank version. Is there a way to trade it in for the caster-friendly version?

Thanks again,

Guday
  4. Mykaylla Augur

There is- if you have changed it previously, it will cost you some plat, but you can go to Brell's Temple and get your shawl changed to any of the other types.
  5. Iila Augur

The points Mykaylla mentioned are the main ones to keep your mana preservation high. Wolf forms are a VERY important part of playing a druid. The mana regen acts as a 'harvest' over time, and the mana preservation saves even more mana for that duration. If you haven't read Darchon's druid guide post, I'd highly recommend reading through it.

You can make an audio trigger for wolf form fading to help remind you to cast the next one. And in groups you can usually find a way to sneak into OOC regen to get most/all of your mana back
  6. Guday New Member

Do you have a link to Darchon's guide?

Also at the end of your post are you suggesting we sit out for a fight or 2 to regen?

Thanks for all the replies!
  7. Guday New Member

Lila,

Would you be willing to share your UI setup with me? I've been searching the net for one but haven't really come across one that's been updated (especially one tailored for a Druid).

I would greatly appreciate it!

Guday
  8. Qwestwic Augur

http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/index.php?threads/druid-raiding-druid-guide.131/

That is the guide he is referring to. As far as UI setup, most people tend to go by what they prefer. I use default UI and have never had an issue, but have also used custom UI's in the past and have been fine with those. If you're looking for specific hotkey setups and binds, I'd suggest joined serverwide.druidsgrove: password (without the space between : and p) in game and talk to some of us there.