Druid AA's

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Jezzie, Jun 3, 2013.

1. Jezzie Augur

Can somebody please explain what the difference is between Spirit of the Wood and Peaceful Spirit of the wood. They appear to be the same thing and it seems that I bought an extra hotkey with my AA's. Is it worth buying Peaceful Convergence of Spirits?
    I'm a little confused on this one and can't find any descriptions anywhere explaining the difference between regular and peaceful.
  2. Jezzie Augur

After more digging around I found that peaceful means no ds, I can't think of a situation where I'd want to cast a no ds version of spirit of the wood, I'm guessing Peaceful Convergence of Spirits works the same way so it seems I can save those AA's for something I can actually find useful, I'll remove Peaceful Spirit of the wood from my hotkeys, would hate to hit it by accident.:)
  3. Yther Augur

See http://everquest.allakhazam.com/wiki/EQ:Spirit_of_the_Wood and http://everquest.allakhazam.com/wiki/EQ:Peaceful_Spirit_of_the_Wood and the spell effect links. The most noticeable difference other than Peaceful being better HoT, is no Damage Shield on the Peaceful. Convergence of Spirit has DS, while Peaceful Convergence does not and is an upgraded heal / hot.

Basically if you don't want the target of the AA to get aggro, use the Peaceful. If you want them to keep aggro use the original with DS. If the ranks of the Peaceful keep going, you may eventually want to use only it, due to it's improvements, but at the moment, the improvement is slight between the normal and Peaceful versions. The big difference is the lack of Damage Shield.

Yther Ore.
  4. Iila Augur

^ Ignore all of this

The difference is the lack of a damage shield in the peaceful versions, and that they only have one rank because they were never upgraded past Underfoot. Unless you ever specifically want an even crappier SotW or CoS with no DS, don't buy them. There are a few raids were MGBing SotW can be bad because of the DS, but I just don't use SotW/CoS on those raids instead of worrying about another low use hotkey.

Those allakazam links are very out of date. Current SoTW heals 4750/tick compared to Peaceful's 975/tick. Nothing on either one has anything to do with aggro beyond you getting a bit of aggro for casting a buff on someone. DSes are unattributed damage and do nothing with aggro, any druid who has power leveled should be able to tell you that.
    Darchon_Xegony likes this.
  5. Darchon_Xegony Augur

Oh lord jesus what Illa said.

Peaceful SotW / CoS are about as useless as Hidden Communion of Cheetah.

Never buy them until you have Glyph cooldown, all innate stats and resists done, and basket-weaving 295 done.
  6. Mykaylla Augur

7. Yther Augur

Sorry it came off like I was recommending it. It was just a suggestion for a possible use, since they already bought it. And yes, I didn't look into deeply, and just went by what was on Alla. If I really cared about the current levels, I would of suggested raidloot spell search, but the question was what was the difference. It's DS, and my answer was just immediately after they already figured it out.

If I was to recommend something, I would say something, like this is something I always get, or do, or whatever. And I don't like to push people to play my way, it's all about them having fun, and playing my way, may not be fun for them, and they may see some benefit in it, I don't.

Yther Ore.
  8. Minadin Journeyman

So, when I get to the point that I might consider buying Wall of Wind . . .
    Mykaylla likes this.