Druid AA: Hidden Communion of the Cheetah

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Marbles, Dec 6, 2015.

1. Marbles Elder

This AA is listed as -1/1 for 15aa, do I need to spend 15 aa just to get to 0? Or is this a bug that will be corrected 'soon(tm)'

Thanks!
  2. Nuttann Elder

Has anyone bought this yet? When I looked, it appeared that the alt activation ID was listed as 0. Does this do as the recent merge of AA lines made it before they refunded it? I.e., Does buying this mean that the Cheetah AA activation would do Hidden instead of normal?

If so, buying it would mean never being able to use Cheetah without the invisibility. Not so great for group members with charmed pets. Currently, I have two hot buttons for Cheetah, one with just Cheetah and one with two alt activation calls (Cheetah and Shared Camo) back to back. That gives me the option of with or without invisibility.

The reason I ask is that my CDO (OCD in alphabetic order, as it should be) doesn't like seeing an unpurchased AA and I have nothing else to buy. But, I do not want to be stuck with always invisibility. Of course, maybe chanters will just have to block Shared Camo, which is unfortunate after they fixed our Camo to be unlimited so that it didn't mess up casters' unlimited invisibility.
  3. mtgdragon Lorekeeper

I bought it and I was refunded the points the next time I zoned or logged in dont remember which. It does nothing and it will pop up as buyable until they fix it.
  4. Silv Augur

Not sure why you guys are having issues but after it was refunded the AA is no longer on my Druid's list...

It was requested in beta (by myself and other druids) that they either keep it as two separate AA lines for the reasons you mentioned or flat out remove the Hidden Cheetah AA and just upgrade the regular line. The solution if you want "Hidden" cheetah now is to just make a hotkey that activates Cheetah and then Shared Perfected Camo since they are both instant cast. Some people probably aren't thrilled about having to set it up that way but its MUCH better than the alternative.
  5. Nuttann Elder

Thanks, but although you quoted part of my message, I also stated that I already use one hot key that puts Cheetah and Camo on the same button. I have been doing that before Hidden Cheetah was even introduced. I gave feedback during the original introduction of Hidden Cheetah as it was even worse than now. They made minor improvements, but it still is worse than not having it.

At least, at that point it was two different activation codes. So buying them did not hurt anything. That was until they combined it onto the same activation code. So, yes they refunded it. I gave feedback during beta that it should still be removed. Putting it back on two separate activation codes would work too as you mentioned. Even then I wouldn't actually ever cast it, but would buy it so that it doesn't show up.

My question was "Does the activation code of 0 mean that buying it means it replaces normal cheetah as it did when they first merged them?". I take it from your response that it still replaces the normal cheetah :-( . But, it shows up as an unpurchased AA.

At no point should buying an AA be worse than not buying it. It still shows up as the OP stated as an unpurchased AA. I can imagine a few expansions from now having multiple AAs that I have to not accidentally purchase. Or even worse, someone who doesn't know it was bad going and buying it and hurting themselves. It was nice that they gave us an AA to counteract Spell Casting Subtlety. While we really needed SCS, there are times when it made keeping agro on a kite from other casters an issue. I am hoping that they do something similar here.
  6. EddieP Lorekeeper

I hate to bump fairly old threads, but it is almost April and this still shows as rank -1 and purchasable.

Is this going to be fixed or am i going to have to look at this (YES I HAVE OCD) forever.

Thanks
  7. Iila Augur

Have you tried buying it?

I know it's gone from my AA list, but I don't remember what removed it.