Druid 1.5 - outside Panieel

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Kehleyr, Jun 30, 2015.

1. Kehleyr New Member

Last time I tried to do the worthless pick outside Panieel, where you have to spam the text to get the emote, I tried for hours and hours and never get the update. Anyone have any advice to getting this?

Thanks.
  2. moogs Augur

From Bigskyn's comment on ZAM:

First, you need to make two macros.
    First maco, call it "song", is two lines. First line: /say Yo ho. No sun!! Second line: /say A skeleton's day is never done
    Second macro, call it "job", is one line: /say I am on the job

Next, go to Toxxulia and the entrance of Paineel. In the tunnel should be two 'a skeleton'. If they are not there, then the event is down because someone else failed it earlier. Reset seems to be about two hours. Facing toward the Paineel zone line, you need to speak to the skeleton on the left. Follow the dialogue and respond appropriately. You'll get a worthless mining pick which you need to equip. The skeletons walk out of the tunnel.

Next critical step is placement for spamming your first macro. The 'spot' is behind where the skeleton on the right was standing, about halfway to the brazier close to the paineel zone line. The is the brazier on the right wall, just around the corner in the tunnel to Paineel. Spam your first macro until you see the response "Your voice echoes nicely from the walls." Prepare to hit your first macro every couple of seconds for half an hour (no joke). Do not leave the Paineel tunnel. Do not log out. Do not zone out. Do not interact with anything. Hit macro 1 over and over. Stay alert.

About every 5 minutes, 'abandoned heretic pet' walks into the tunnel to check on you. It stops in-between where the original skeletons were standing and says, "Who on Bertoxulous' blistered backside are you? Where did those fools go off to?" This is where you hit your second macro, 'Job'. Wait till he stops and makes his statement, hit your second macro once. You do NOT need to target him. If you did what you were supposed to, he will say, Well I'll be, a druid that wants to be a miner! Alright then, you keep at it. Don't break a nail or strain your delicate sensibilities!"

Go back to spamming macro 1. These events repeat for half an hour until the skeleton wanders back into the Paineel tunnel. If you have done everything right (spam macro 1 and keep the heretic pet happy by hitting macro 2) then when the skeleton gets to his original spot by the first brazier, he will make a statement and the spell ends up on your cursor. End of misery.
  3. moogs Augur

Did you equip the pick or is it just in your inventory somewhere?
  4. moogs Augur

Mistress Alowyn
    12 posts
    add this to your Toxxulia map file:

P 210.0421, 1998.7466, 46.3033, 240, 0, 0, 2, sing_here

Then sing on the spot.

Oh, and I had to click off lev (or Eagle, or whatever) before I found the right spot.

And I *definitely* had to target the heretic pet before saying I was on the job. If he wasn't targeted I didn't get a response from him at all.

Good luck...
  5. Iila Augur

I wound up doing that part 3x.

It's really stupid, and boring. But I guess there was already too much foraging in the druid epic line, so they wanted to mix up the reasons to make us stand in place and hit one button repeatedly for 30 minutes.

I followed that mini-guide moogs posted. The first time I screwed up was because I couldn't find the spot. The second time, I fell asleep. The third time was the next day and I managed to stay awake the whole time.
  6. moogs Augur

OP, the simple fact is you're not doing anything wrong. One of the developers decided to be cute (have you ever seen a real live software developer in person?) and this is what we ended up with. Stuff like this is why people leave to play games that don't have artificial time sinks thrown in for absolutely no reason other than that someone could.