Drinal Raiding Guilds still alive?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by YooHoo, Feb 28, 2018.

1. YooHoo New Member

Have not played in about 8 Years and wondering if it's still possible to join a raiding guild on Drinal?

Or do I need to switch to another server and which server would the best be?

Also would 8 year old Gear even get me into a raiding guild :p
  2. Fohpo Augur

3. YooHoo New Member

Thanks for the link
  4. Maedhros High King

8 year old gear wouldn't get ya into any good guilds. You're definitely looking at a lot of catching up to do before ya think about raiding anything even remotely current. Working on grinding out 110 and 20000 AA and doing group progression, group armor and augs is the first step.

Ps if you're wealthy check out Conflagrant armor in the bazaar.
  5. Fohpo Augur

No problem, as far as gear goes, the new tradeskill stuff should be enough for a lot of classes to at least EoK level readiness. If you're playing a class that's really desirable, some people would probably be willing to bench you until EoK clears got you caught up (wouldn't take long I'd think). Mostly depends on your ability to play, AA, and being 105+ imo.
  6. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

There are basically 3 guilds that raid on a Drinal now.

Undivided Faith is one, but I’ve been slack about updating the site since we beat skyfire. We’re absolutely raiding RoS and we move slow but usually finish expansion content in era. Staring to poke at t2 next week I think is the plan.

Crimson Tempest is the only “race” guild on the server and they usually finish in the top 5 serverwide-ish.

Celestial Navigators is also raiding but they do it a bit more casually. Extremely nice folks there.

As for getting into a guild, that depends heavily on your class, especially if you’ve come back from a long mia and your toons are “projects” (ie, you need to do a lot of catch up work to get the levels/aa/gear/augs/etc to be effective). Some raiding guilds have casual options also, we do and I think CT may as well.
  7. YooHoo New Member

Yeah would have to do a ton of grinding I guess to get even noticed by any guild desperate for raiding members.
  8. Fohpo Augur

Wouldn't have taken Sheex for a scumbag casual
  9. Symbius Augur

It's definitely possible, but you wouldn't even be considered until you are 110 and at least in full RoS group gear.

That said, it doesn't take that long to catch up. You can buy your way to tradeskilled RoS armor and leveling isn't the most difficult thing in the world to do. The raid vs. group gear has narrowed so much that it's perfectly acceptable to not have any Raid armor to join an upper raid guild at this point.

Your biggest hurdle will simply be learning your preferred class again. Quite a lot has most likely changed over 8 years for whichever character you plan to play.
  10. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Mid tier sir. We generally finish everything in era (with a few random exceptions...fu Triunity).

Maybe I’m just getting old but the “race” just seems dumb to me.

[IMG]
    Eonan likes this.