Fixed Internally Dreadspire Keep Access - Miragul

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Baliaan, Feb 17, 2020.

1. Baliaan New Member

Per lookups you are supposed to be able to get into DSK through the hive without having to get the key. I tried zoning in last night to do some gargoyle farming and could not zone in at all. Need to see if this can be corrected or if this is something special where on progression we have to get the key.
    Dahaman likes this.
  2. Aegir Augur

You still have to quest for Dreadspire Access on Phinigel too, and we're in Call of the Forsaken expac.

So I Guess you need to the flag progression. However, at these levels it's done pretty fast.
  3. Prathun Developer

The zone requirements for Dreadspire are:
    Have the Dreadspire key
    OR
    Be level 70+ AND Secrets of Faydwer has been unlocked for at least one month
  4. CrazyLarth Augur

5. Baliaan New Member

Ok so unless we must physically beat the boss's in SoF the server has been open for 4 or so months now so it should be unlocked as were all 95. Even on phinny there in CoF and still not open
  6. Prathun Developer

Oh, there's a script on the door from DrachnidHive that's doing something different than the zone filter. We'll want to change the logic on it.
    Thanks for letting us know.
    Skuz and Yinla like this.
  7. Rasper Helpdesk The Original Helpdesk

Wonder if that door script is the same thing that is causing a player to bounce to the hive zone in first time they try to zone into DSK after getting their monocle. If so, might want to check Crystallos too since it is doing the same bounce bug. After getting Crystallos key you have to camp out and in before you can zone in.
    Skuz likes this.
  8. Prathun Developer

I can see how someone would get bounced the first time and can fix that while tinkering with the door script. Setting a bit is cached, and unless we force a save, the character will not have the bit yet when they enter the zone, where the zone filter can deny them access. Will make a ticket for the Crystallos entrance as well. Thanks!
    Skuz likes this.
  9. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Fanra's Everquest Wiki: Zones > Keys, flags and zone level requirements
    Unfortunately, that section of my wiki does not have information about unlocking of Rain of Fear and expansions after that. They should be unlocked up to and including The Broken Mirror, with Empires of Kunark locked/flagged zones unlocking in April 2020.

That is, of course, assuming that Darkpaw has continued the procedure outlined here:
    I do not know if that was changed. I also don't know the minimum levels for some unlocking.
  10. Dahaman Augur

I have three level 70 characters that all completed the Dreadspire key quest on Coirnav on Saturday. They all had the monocle in inventory.

The shaman bounced once only.
    The mage bounced 6-8 times.
    The SK bounced 10+ times.

One of the characters was a mage, so COTH was a blessing to try again and again. Thankfully another guild mage was there to summon my mage back after its failures.

Eventually, they all got in finally, but yowsers that is still terribly broken.