Drakkin the master race

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Draego, Mar 12, 2014.

1. Draego Augur

Yet more reasoning for SOE to make Drakkin a ALL CLASS Race.

Brand New Wood Elf Beastlords can set their starting city to Crescent Reach.

2. silku Augur

In fact, because every race can train in the starting City of Crescent reach, and every class can start there.. why not just allow everyone to be any race/class combo and have severe exp penalties for those that are not natural. Ogre Magi? Gnome Monk? Bueller? Bueller? Bueller?
    Tharrg likes this.
  3. code-zero Augur

Drakkin are just too cool to rage like a Berserker, too sophisticated to be a Shaman or Beast Lord.

That is all ;)
  4. Tharrg Augur

SOE just imagine how much money you would make if you opened all race/class options... The multitudes doing race swaps would be huge.... I would love a Gnome Monk.. Or an Ogre Wizard..... The only thing you may need to work on is creating armor models for all races so we can have Ogres in Robes...
  5. code-zero Augur

Besides the fact that Bards in EQ2 aren't really Bards at all the one thing that caused me to log out of that game and never consider it again at all was the sudden appearance of an Ogre Troubador wandering through whatever passes for Kelethin there.

Just shook my head and gave up, some things are just too stupid to be taken seriously

Even in EQNext there was a poll on all/all and it was rejected there by a wide margin

The majority of people aren't in favor of all/all
  6. Arwyn-RoV Augur

This is more about the lust for something new to play thats novel and different, than opening things up to all/all. And no, Drakkin aren't the master race.
  7. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

You can already have ogres in robes. My buddy is an ogre warrior who goes around in a dress, err, I mean robe, often.
  8. gcubed Augur

The Drakken are humans that have been modified by dragons. The reason you have never seen a Drakken beastlord is the same as why have never seen a Drakken shaman or a Drakken berserker. You are stuck with your human ancestry.
  9. Draego Augur

Sure they are, all the innates, the breath ability which for the caster versions can be a boon to landing spells, just so many reasons they are much better than your chosen race.:p

Yes, and we never saw Woodelf Twiglords or Flipkicking Frogslegs until today either.........
  10. Questoften32 Augur

Drakkin women are the most attractive females in everquest overall they even beat friona vie in fan art with there in game look, sleek, sexy, exotic and lovely. A drakkin beastlord with a mindrake pet would be cute, maybe like they went out and talked those flying around outside the city.
  11. moogs Augur

The Kunark box art was the all-time best. Bondage scene with Firiona Vie and lizard men. Tough to beat that. Maybe that's where drakkin really came from, but living in the PC age, nobody can confirm.
  12. Tarrin Augur

The only Master Race is the Wood Elf.
    See how We were directly the cause of such a trivial fight over second place?

The only Master Class is the Druid.

Everyone else is merely a Second Class Citizen that We allow to populate the world.
  13. Harabakc Augur

And they still don't get sneak.
  14. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

I wanna be a ogre wizard I hate being stunned.

Andarriel
    Tharrg likes this.
  15. Rauven Augur

I'm surprised they haven't allowed for All/All class combos yet. EQ2 sorta started with it.

though some work would have to be done. Specifically for Wood Elves, Trolls, Ogres, and Barbarians. These races do not have robe graphics. Though its possible they could merely use the Drakkin ones (very close to Hero's Forge robes which DO appear on those races normally). Or failing that, change it so they have leather graphics when wearing robes.

As for only Drakkin being capable of using all classes, 140 years for a culture to accept new ideals and the like is a short time. Especially a religious one (Veeshan only).
  16. Fendy Augur

Hero's forge cloth robe is all/all and gives a robe graphic to any cloth or leather wearing toon. I know it works on my wood elf druid.
  17. code-zero Augur

When they did an all/all poll for EQ Next it was pretty clear that all/all isn't popular. When you add the two options that allow no possibility of all/all it comes to 53% and 27% saying that all races can be any class only with penalties. EQ2 is a bad example as it's now a 10 year old game in its own right and "old thinking"
  18. Rauven Augur

Popularity doesn't mean anything when adding it cannot negatively impact those who decided they don't like it. This is a matter of player options.

So feel free to make an argument that shows how someone making an Ogre Magician negatively impacts someone else when they still have the option of choosing Human, Dark Elf, High Elf, Drakkin, Erudite, and Gnome for themselves whenever they decide to roll one.

EQ1 is 15 years old and so limiting options is "ancient thinking."

Yeah I think its crazy that some class options are available in EQ2, but I can't ever think of any reason that someone else's choice affected my own gameplay. They play what they want, I play what I want. If its not hurting anyone, why not?
    DirtyGurtie likes this.
  19. Tarrin Augur

HF robes don't count, unless they are going to start passing out HF for free.
  20. Draego Augur

I am guessing you know very little about Drakkin then?

Because starting with the obvious,

Drakkin Rogue's get sneak but so do,

the Ranger's, Monk's, Bard's