Dragons! Dragons! Dragons! Awarding wrong charm aug?

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Pikollo, Nov 15, 2023.

1. Pikollo Augur

There are conflicting reports on how this charm aug works. Gold Plated Spiked Gear Model.

The aug itself says it grants power for your success at Dragons Dragons Dragons. On Fanbyte someone mentioned the aug runs on how long your character (or maybe account) have been played.

We just finished DDD and a lot of us got the XIV version of the aug. Some of us did not going all the way down to a II.

So if the aug runs on your success in the raid everyone should have been givin the XIV version of the aug. In which case its bugged and giving people wrong augs.

If the aug runs on how long you've had your account then either the text should be changed so people know if its worth doing, or the aug should be changed to reflect the description of the aug.

If its based on account I would hope you guys could change it to raid success as thats more of what that aug (and other augs like it from these raids) are about.
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

There are two augs,one is based on how many years you have played and the other is based on how many dragons you kill. Both are called Gold Plated XXXX

The reward is a Gold Plated Contact Spring Model of varying power, depending on how many dragons your group or raid manages to kill.

There is a second reward, Gold Plated Spiked Gear Model, of varying power that will scale based on the years played by the character.

3. Pikollo Augur

So basically which charm aug you get when completing dragons dragons dragons is based on how many years played on the account (not character). With almost 24 years on my account I got XIV, My gf has just over 1 year and got II, both chars that did DDD were made the same day. Then how powerful that charm aug is is based on how well you did in DDD. If we only killed 3 dragons my XIV and her II may be the same stat.

With that said the aug is still misleading as no where in-game (that I saw) tells you you will be awarded an aug based on account years. What you see in-game is an aug that is based on how well you do in DDD.

Its an LL type aug and every other LL aug scales with your success in that particular LL. Personally I think the system for this aug is pretty dumb and tells new players FU. I am sure this was some sort of "veteran reward" like the aa's but even those aa's are free to everyone despite how long they have played.

So as far as a bug. I'd at least add text somewhere that will let people know they won't get a nice aug if you're new to the game so they don't waste their time. Or change the aug to act like every other LL aug since veteran rewards aren't a thing anymore.
  4. Pikollo Augur

Also its not to mention the people that are getting an aug with no stats at all for doing a raid. A raid that really has nothing to do with how long you've had an account.
  5. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

There are many many raids, missions, tasks etc in the game that do not provide full details. You have to figure them out or look to write ups. And this one would have very little info in game since it was introduced as a temporary raid for the 10th anniversary way back when. It is only with the newer content that they hold your hand thru the quest. This was so popular they made it its own "special"

Perhaps this will help your understanding: note the comment where it advises you to speak to the Distribution Facilitator XCV (Living Legacy) in POK right outside the lobby. They put him in the game due to misunderstandings with the original raid.

https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=4845
  6. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I am not saying what you are posting is not a bug. That is up for them to decide. I am just trying to help you understand the mechanics of old EQ
  7. Pikollo Augur

Oh I know. I thought it was a bug at first as I was just going with the item description as it was written. But now that its here maybe it warrants a look at? Like I said. It kinda poo's on new people which isn't nice. I wouldn't want it nerfed. But if new people attend a winning raid why not give them the same prize?