Not A Bug Dragon Hoard : must remove augments

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Diani, Dec 10, 2020.

1. Diani Augur

I tried to put an attuned Elegant Defiant Silk Robe with no augments into the dragon hoard but got the message "you must remove augments from this item before adding it to your hoard".
  2. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

Do you have a power source equipped? and did you take it from wearing it directly to the horde?
  3. Diani Augur

Cheers, it made me look closer.

No powersource equipped.
    It was in my bags. but after your message I did the following: equipped it again with PS, removed PS and then unequipped the robe. That did the trick. After that, powersource or not didn't matter anymore.
    Apparently you can have an "old" powersource aug on an items in your bags you need to get rid off.

However, having said that...this is with so many ifs and conditions that it should be considered a logical booboo
  4. Tegila Augur

They should allow augs in the first place imo
    Yinla likes this.
  5. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

Not allowing augs lets them store items as a single 32 bit number with 1 bit for the attuned flag and 10 bits for quantity/charges data (assuming a limit of 1000 for both).

If they allowed augs they would need to reserve 5x as much space; or make each item a linked list or something, which is much more complex, and more likely to have errors.
    klanderso likes this.