DPG please share your plans for Oakwynd <3

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Jmitch, Apr 30, 2023.

1. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Changing how players get loot is changing interaction between players and the environment.

Changing how players engage in raids by enabling everyone a shot at doing every raid every week instead of the first person to get them when the NPC spawns is changing interaction between players and the environment.

Both of those changes have big impacts on how players are playing the game.
    Rijacki likes this.
  2. Wtfagain Elder

One last time……

A “CORE Game Mechanic” impacts interactions between players AND mobs AND the environment. Loot distribution is a rule set. It may have change on aspects of play within the game, but those are social. If you can’t understand that then I don’t know what to say.
  3. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Yes, loot and how players gets it impacts both players and mobs.

Yes, raids being available outside of open world targets impacts players, mobs, the environment and loot.
    Rijacki likes this.
  4. Ruhi Augur

he doesn't understand, and i'm pretty sure he put me on ignore because he doesn't want to change his mindset about his definition of what core mechanics means.

most of his posts are to start absurd arguments anyway
    Waring_McMarrin likes this.
  5. Trox2010 Augur

So how loot drops is a ruleset change, and not a change to the core mechanic? If that is the case the FTE is only a ruleset change since it is just dictating who gets the mob, and doesn't really change how the mob is interacted with or killed.

Well since that the case guess there is not reason to be worried about FTE since ruleset changes are much easier to implement. And here I was worried for no reason, but Wtfagain has opened my eyes to the reality of the new ruleset.
    Waring_McMarrin likes this.
  6. Obliteration Elder

Can't tell if serious as that is clearly the biggest part of random triple loot
  7. Kahna Augur

I am going to need a citation for this, considering there isn't an industry agreed upon standard for what "Game Mechanics" are, let alone what "Core Game Mechanics" are. The most agreed upon is just "the system of interactions between the player and the game"
    Rijacki likes this.
  8. Jardad Journeyman

Test Server was made for a reason . Right. Learn it. Know it. Live it
  9. Khanfu Elder

I honestly think the original plan this year may have included FTE, but, the fact that it hasn't been pushed to test yet seems like they did some in-house and thought better of letting players see it until changes have been made. Therefore leading me to think that this idea from EQ2 wasn't so easy to integrate into EQ. Also I really wonder how much they actually tested or if this was a last minute idea?

Could the original idea have been the "Loot Box" idea that was removed from EQ2? I don't believe coincidences happen every day and the timing of all that was just.... you know..

Either way it feels to me like the expansion bonuses and legacy exp was added last minute. The bonuses announced were not thought through very well and they even stated it was a beginning point and there may be changes. The legacy exp for characters on the same account is a head scratcher. Even on live people don't have alt after alt on the same account. People box.. they want to level characters on other accounts.... its out of touch with a large majority of players. Why would that be what they were considering pushing to live??

My idea is that those comments were referring to loot boxes that didn't quiet make it to the TLP announcement. Loot boxes would have involved DBcash, the storefront, and more. It would have been pushed to live for certain.
  10. Waring_McMarrin Augur

It isn't always possible to fully test things on a test server due to the nature of the server and population base.
    Rijacki likes this.
  11. Faytal New Member

DPG wants you to pay to test the game for them hence why it's not on the test server yet
  12. Waring_McMarrin Augur

They have already stated that it is being moved to the test server with the patch this month, but even with it going to test there is a lot about it that can't be tested without a large player base.
    Rijacki likes this.