Don't Miss ANY of These 16th Anniversary Festivities!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Mar 13, 2015.

1. Roshen Brand Manager

Fabled will go live on April 29. These will be around for six weeks, and will be in-game at the same time as the 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th, & 13th Anniversary content.
    Lisandra likes this.
  2. Vaclav Augur

April 29th seems really late for Fabled and the rest - there a reasoning I don't see? (I do appreciate that they're not going to interfere with leveling up a newbie as I was planning to with bonus XP time once the wife wakes though)
  3. Roshen Brand Manager

These were originally part of early anniversary celebrations. We've associated with the timetable for the 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th, & 13th Anniversary content.
  4. Vaclav Augur

I guess it shows how much I've been paying attention, didn't realize the 5th-13th Anniversary content was offset from the current Anniversary content. Good to know. (And honestly probably a good idea whenever it happened, since it was a bit of a limited time content overload - plus doesn't EQ2s happen sometime soon as well?)
  5. Lisandra Augur

Roshen any word on a possible tuning for Cleansing the Ground & making sure Pub Crawl's bonus item is actually obtainable?
  6. trueheart Lorekeeper

nah they have to play it them selves to see that were not lieing to them lol
  7. trueheart Lorekeeper

player on test did grounds day befor and wasnt able to win bec didnt get enought drops
  8. guado Augur

Do you mean you didn't kill fast enough? Or there aren't enough mobs in the instance to complete the task? If it's the second reason, the devs are going to get an ear full.
  9. Lisandra Augur

10. Lisandra Augur

What drops? The only thing that drops up to the step to stop the infected from getting into the lake is the campfires and they only seem to stun the mobs briefly and also for the step in the mausoleum.
  11. genaro44 Lorekeeper

To be clear, said player (who just returned from a long RL AFK), spent 20 minutes in serverwide.magicians talking about how the event hadn't been beaten simply because HE hadn't tried it, after which he attempted it once, claimed he didn't get enough drops and then kinda ... trailed off. So ... just some context.
    guado likes this.
  12. trueheart Lorekeeper

so i assume you beat it and all is sunny ? muhaha
  13. Megasiel New Member

Dear Developers,

Having just returned from a thirteen-year break, I would love to celebrate EverQuest's 16th anniversary. Unfortunately I can't participate in any of the quests you took the time to dream up, program and implement because my old account info is lost in time and I started over. My highest level character is fourteen -- I figured I'd take my time to enjoy the journey. I looked at the level requirements for for the anniversary event quests and figured that at the very least I should be able to go drown my sorrows in the pub crawl quest. Alas, I'm too "young" for even that!

Unless, of course, I spend money to make my character Heroic. Doing that would make me miss out on the fun of leveling my character on my own which I don't want to do. The subject of your original post was, "Don't Miss ANY of these 16th Anniversary Festivities!" Well, right now the only festivity I get is Alcohol-Free Hard Lemonade and Roach Crunchies. Thanks for the free food and drink, but I'd much prefer the opportunity to truly celebrate.

Considering that all of the anniversary quests have similar level requirements, I think I'm doomed to be the nonelective scrooge "bah humbugging" y'all revelers as you enjoy the next three months.

Sincerely,
    Megasiel, Vox server
  14. trueheart Lorekeeper

as i said second hand info but wasnt enought treants to give him some drop to get quest done ever

supposed to be a fix in on test lets see if db can push it live while telling us they didnt promise us they wouldnt push bug stuff to live anymore
  15. Warpeace Augur

Doing the task Liquid Courage, Buzoan the Elder will not move forward after the 2nd ambush. I stopped to let him med and grab some extra flasks. Now when you say Go he does nothing.....:(

No clue if its bugged, fail for taking to long or what. Petitioned just in case but unless they help while still in the instanced they will more than likely say just re do it......lets not forget the time people already put into it.

This doesn't help when you have one fight and as soon as you get to the other side of the gate you have another fight.
  16. Espiritun Augur

Player created missions also mean player TESTED missions

Thank you for your feedback....
  17. trueheart Lorekeeper

testers tested and they made changes then i expect they didnt check back when testers still couldnt beat it
  18. trueheart Lorekeeper

pub crawl is there still no info on what alchool he wants
  19. Lisandra Augur

I asked several times during the stream and Absor said it was not broken but intended to be very,very hard and Dzarn said if it's too Absor-y that they can take another look. I don't know what drops whoever is talking about because I've ran it 10 times and the drops are fine for the steps that need drops. The problem is the step about keeping infected mobs out of the lake. The waves of mobs come from all over, are not rootable and hard to gather up and kite. They also mez players and mercs so expect several wipes as you fail and immediately the task drops upon failure and you wasted your 1.5 to 2 hours trying it. We ran it 10-12 times during the last few weeks and never got past that step. By we I mean various experienced players who raided both on Live and on Test as high up as all the way through COTF raids and in COTF t1/t2 raid gear for most of the players that were on the various attempts.
  20. Rainbowdash Augur

Assuming you're saying this to jump on the, all too common, 'people on Test didn't Test again' bandwagon. See posts HERE, and HERE.

They were tested, extensively. And the fine tuning done to the tasks that are operable, as well as the Zam and EQR details in their writeups (like the specific alcohols in Pub Crawl I found) for those uninclined to figure it out themselves came from us who had no such luxury of looking up a writeup. Unfortunately not every suggestion for retuning was put into effect. Mainly The Grounds mission, as every other mission now runs fine (excluding unknown bonus on Pub Crawl).

Thank you for your feedback....
    Mintalie, Lisandra and Silv like this.