Don't believe the Coirnav rumors

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Nickatropolis, Mar 19, 2018.

1. Nickatropolis Augur

Current rumor list:

-This server has more box armies than any other TLP (False, This would be Ragefire in 2015)
    -Players will quit once the XP bonus goes away. (False, full group bonuses and of course, XP potions and server XP bonuses will still exist, and players will still play)
    -This server will be dead by April 15th (False, this server will have a healthy, active population for at least a year, maybe two)
    -Launching this server is a clear indication the company is desperate for cash (False, that would be your theory, but unless you are reconciling the books, you have no idea what the cash flow situation is at Day Break)
    -Getting a group is almost impossible (This complaint is false, and baffles my mind. Try sending some tells or advertising in the world channels, you'd be amazed how easy it is to get groups going if you put in a little bit of effort)

That's enough for now, but the doom and gloom rumor mill about this server is super fake news and something needed to be said. If you are thinking about making a return to EverQuest, Coirnav is a great server!
  2. Farore Journeyman

agree. tired of the same complainers acting like the sky is falling. it's almost like they want coirnav to fail which baffles me.
    Nickatropolis likes this.
  3. Hateseeker Augur

Does it have more boxes than you'd expect for TrueBox, though?
  4. Nickatropolis Augur

In my opinion ~ not at all... I've played on ragefire, Phinny, and now coirnav, and its totally typical to see players true boxing 3-6 characters. If that's how the enjoy playing, more power to them~ way too much effort for me though. Bottom line, there are no more "box armies" on coirnav than on any other current true box TLP.
  5. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

Currently, on the homepage's server status list (which only shows 3 different statuses), phinny is listed as low(est) population, agnarr as medium, and coirnav as full. This follows the same pattern, year after year. Claiming that this server's life will extend beyond one year is silly.

Can you still play on it after one year? Sure - just like you can still play on Fippy right now. All by yourself.

The slow XP is really painful, even with the anniversary bonus.

Boxing is irrelevant. "TrueBox" is only a marketing ploy and probably alienates as many players (who would play if they could box) as it brings in. It is more difficult to box on Coirnav and I gave up. Even without any software, the server kept kicking me if I reacted "too quickly" with my toons. This server is made for slow motion play, and your skill is actively punished. If I somehow continue to play on Coirnav, I will not renew subscriptions for my other accounts next month.

Subjectively, because that's all anybody can report, getting a group has been more difficult than it was on Agnarr. Not impossible, and it is always fun to group with people when you can. But on this server, there seem to be a higher percentage of people with an agenda (boxing their own toons or trying to conquer a market niche) and fewer people just looking to group and grind.
  6. welly321 Elder

If you think its totally typical to see full groups of boxed characters than that is sad. Coirnav is a failure and is only good for Boxer soloing. Have fun
  7. Accipiter Old Timer

LOL, I like how you pass off your hopes and dreams as fact.
  8. welly321 Elder

Coirnav has nothing going for it. Phinny had Agents of Change and truebox. Agnarr has the POP-lock, which brought tons of p99'ers to EQ. Coirnav has....tons of box crews?
  9. Nickatropolis Augur

You don't even have a character created in Coirnav and you're commenting on the experience in the server...? If you had a toon on the server you'd understand you're making false claims. Yes, it is typical to see people true boxing on everquest TLP's. It's a small percentage of the population and it certainly doesn't spoil the majority of the player bases experience.
  10. Darchias Augur

Coirnav has that fresh-server smell, and has all the fixes (and 'fixes') that have been introduced in the years since Phinny had been announced. With the locking of several items behind expansion gates (BAM, Distillates, etc.) Coirnav steps ever closer to that actual 'Classic' experience (though obviously it still has a long way to go), with additional quality-of-life features like the current UI, click from bags, and much more.

Coirnav's intention isn't to attract people away from Agnarr, though it has for a few people. It's for people who liked Phinny and want to start fresh instead of beating their heads against the broken mess that's Prophecy of Ro.
  11. Jenarie Elder

I played 1-31 over the weekend so spent a considerable amount of time in game. I think our group (who was five real people with one box) ran into about 3-4 box groups in the places we went. None of them got in our way or affected our play in any way.

Yes, it is annoying when a boxer monopolizes a spawn but we have picks now. People afraid to play because of box armies are just looking for a reason not to play. You don't need an excuse - play IF YOU WANT TO.
    PathToEternity and Nickatropolis like this.
  12. welly321 Elder

fixed that for you
  13. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Hopefully the server works for those on it.

I 6 boxed the 1st day to 12, I had to quit I just did the math and realized my play time would be limited after that day and to keep up down the road would require far too much time personally and honestly after agnarr experience I can't go back.....

Got a few friends left, I know both are making a krono run since they don't trade like me to gain krono but regular farm guys....

I saw early on in nek forest (5) 6 box teams including me. Just personal observation from me.

Good luck on the server I wish it the best of luck since those over there seem to enjoy it.
    NameAlreadyInUse likes this.
  14. PathToEternity pathtoeternity.pro

https://phinnyprogress.com/

If you trust this data (and I do), 15 guilds have already completed DoDH in-era. Phinny is almost 2.5 years old. I think Coirnav will be just fine.
    Chatoyan and Nickatropolis like this.
  15. Green_Mage Augur

Most of you seem to take it as a given that its most fun to play on a completely population-loaded server....That just makes it harder do most things.
  16. Nolrog Augur

No, because I really believe people adjusted since Truebox isn't new.

I have a U-shaped set up with a computer to my left, one to my right and one in front of me, so I can 3-box. Buddy I played with bought really cheap old computers and used to 4-box.
  17. Guzzle Augur

I generally agree with your overall assessment but... You really can't say this is false because you also have no idea.

It's not a leap to imagine the servers are released in the manner they are for the most monetary gain. They are a business first, they exist to make money.
  18. Fhiele Augur

Ok turning on /lfg and waiting for a group...that can be an issue. But go to where you want to xp and advertise in OOC. On opening day, I flagged /lfg for about 8 hours, not a single invite. But i was enjoying my solo(slow xp) time and didn't really want to try for a group.

Next day, I advertised and grouped all day no problem.
  19. Critt Augur

For those complaining about the xp, it's not as bad as when phinny first came out and 10 to 15 guilds made it to max level and dragon killing well before Kunark and 50 to 60 well before Velious and that was released 2 weeks early....So yeah xp on Coirnav is a bit slower than other servers but still faster than phinny at release and phinny was a blast up till pop imo
  20. vylo Augur

- seen only 1 box army so far, saw many more on agnarr. Time will tell
    - people may quit due to xp, I can't fault them. It is a matter of taste to people
    - the server will languish a little when PoP hits agnarr, it will continue to grow after that until another TLP comes out.
    -It is safe to say the new TLP makes money and DBG likes money. The desperation aspect is the only thing I would agree on, I doubt they are desperate, but more money is more money.
    - People crap on posting in general channels, but I do it all the time, and rarely wait long for groups, even on classes like rogue and druid. Advertise. If you back it up with good play, people looking for reps will notice your name again and snatch you up. I had times on agnarr I would get tells by time I loaded into the game because I was on consistent and vocal.

The only doom and gloom for Agnarr is the next inevitable TLP, that could have a desirable ruleset and draw people away, so pretty much like Phinny, that is still chugging along to this day, only now finally starting to die off. It wasn't predestined to die near a set date like Agnarr.
    Nickatropolis likes this.