Does Wiz Epic still work on new spells?

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Mookus, Apr 6, 2018.

1. Mookus Augur

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/spell.html?spell=6275
    The wizard epic is a group buff that used to say improves resists by 50%.

Now that nuke types matter more in some ROS raid, I had pulled this out of the bags again. Yesterday me and some other wizards were talking about it and one told me that it all came out years ago that this epic only works on lower level spell and was worthless in current content.

Can someone confirm that?
    I look in the raw spell data and lucy stuff in the link above but I surely can't confirm anything from that. If that is the case, I'd hope a dev could put this fix on the list. Our epic is a nice but surely not overpowered effect that shouldn't end imo.
    Also in the spell history, it says they changed the effect from 50% to 1%. Is this true also?
  2. Sancus Augur

Don't use lucy to parse spells. This is what it actually does:

[6275] Sorcerer's Guard of Perception
    Target: Caster Group
    Range: 100', AE Range: 100'
    Resist: Beneficial, Blockable: Yes
    Focusable: Yes
    Casting: 0s
    Duration: 60s+ (10 ticks) Song, Dispelable: Yes
    Max Hits: 8 Matching Spells
    1: Decrease Spell Resist Rate by 1% to 50%
    2: Limit Max Duration: 0s
    3: Limit Effect: Current HP
    4: Limit Target: Single

No level cap limit there, so should work on spells regardless of level. However, it is basically the exact same effect as Focus of Arcanum. I don't know if they stack, but my slightly educated guess is that they don't.
  3. svann Augur

This is what I see from the spell parser:
    Max Hits: 8 Matching Spells
    1: Decrease Spell Resist Rate by 1% to 50%
    2: Limit Max Duration: 0s
    3: Limit Effect: Current HP
    4: Limit Target: Single

IDK, maybe the range is level dependent? Hard to parse something that only lasts for 8 hits.
  4. mmats Augur

Its not level capped, but only lasts for 8 hits. Only worth using on yourself when Focus of Arcanum is down, since they dont stack. Otherwise, might be useful if grouped with hybrids who lack FoA.
  5. Brohg Augur

8 spells is used up in a single cast. No mana cost restriction or level requirement means procs will eat the hit counter instantly
  6. mmats Augur

Super useful in those couple seconds where your enchanter has chromatic haze refresh while your FoA is down against a very resistant mob. In other words just flush it down the toilet.
  7. Jumbur Improved Familiar

If it was instant cast I would probably use it, but the effect is not really worth the cast time imho.
  8. Critts Augur

At least the 2.0 still looks cool.
  9. svann Augur

You can click it during spell gcd and it costs you no time.
  10. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Isn't that only the case if the cast-time is 0.5 sec or shorter? epic-click is 0.8 sec.
  11. Zalamyr Augur

GCD for most spells is 1.5 seconds.
    Jumbur likes this.