Does low AA bonus exp exist on TLP?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Tounces77, Sep 25, 2022.

1. Tounces77 New Member

Tried looking for this but it's so difficult to find precise information on this stuff anymore.

Do TLPs have bonus AA exp for lower AA totals, and to what degree?

Like, is there a chart on this somewhere? Trying to figure out if it's worth holding off on the first Autogrant for DoDH and AAing up more first for a newer toon.
  2. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

It does.

I don't recall the actual AA levels that it alters at. I think something like 5k, 7.5k, 10k, etc.. I blew up a new char earlier this year and it was very apparent from 5kish AA vs 10k+ at nearly a 50% difference, if not more.

Now.. if you're talking Vaniki.. I wouldn't hold back. You can max store 2x your level in AA, not really sure what 120 AA banked will help out vs having access to all of those other AA up front. There will be plenty of time to just feed non-granted AA for quite some time.
  3. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Low AA amount aaxp boost stops at 4k aa as I recall.
  4. Tounces77 New Member

This was actually in reference to Mischief/Thorneblade.

As far as I understand the high limits(4k etc) don't apply to TLP because it's a percentage of the total AA that are available at any given point.
    No idea what those percentages are though or what the boost is.
  5. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

It might not work then. I mean.. it's there and it is in effect, but if it is based off of total available AA's, you probably won't see any benefit from a single expansion jump. I know it's there cause I started a char from 1 during RoF era.
  6. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

From my recollection, the AA boost will almost never come into play as by the time it would start to apply you would have been autogranted enough AAs that it is disabled.

However, if you really wanted to game it and grind a bunch of AAs to buy things that aren't autogranted THEN turn on autogrant that might theoretically work but at that point you are hamstringing yourself pretty hard for what amounts to a small bonus in the grand scheme.
    Wyre Wintermute likes this.
  7. theonepercent Augur

The bonus is always active, it increases every expansion until VoA where it maxes out at 1000% with 0 AA scaling down until you hit 4000 AA. It's very noticable on Vaniki atm in PoR.
    Wyre Wintermute likes this.
  8. Captain Video Augur

I see no reason to wait for an autogrant before claiming Luclin or PoP AAs. There aren't that many of them, and even without any bonus in-era they were easy enough to grind. Yes, the bonus is in effect on TLPs up to a cap of 4K AA. The reason these early-era autogrants are there is for the sake of completeness when they added the autogrant feature to begin with. They can save some time for someone who rolls a level 1 in DoDH (rare) or in TSS (common). On Mischief, I would just go for it.