Does anyone else use the Stylus add-on to modify the Everquest forum style?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by minimind, Mar 18, 2022.

1. minimind The Village Idiot

I like to take brain breaks from work and visit the EQ forums from time to time. However, the default design has imagery that would get me in trouble were it to be seen by the wrong colleague. I found the Stylus add-on for Firefox and "Daybreak EQ Forums Dark" theme to blank out all the imagery and basically give the forums a "dark mode".

Does anyone else do this? Do you use any other themes?
  2. Angahran Augur

Would be nice if there was a way to get rid of the pointless graphics on either side of the forum and just have the post full width. Preferably using Chrome :p
    Szilent likes this.
  3. Khat_Nip Meow

I don't use Stylus but this is how I have the forums set up for me:

[IMG]

I typically modify the look of any sites that I visit regularly in order to reduce clutter/unnecessary things. I generally like things simple.
    Edit to add: Forgot to mention I use uBlock Origin to 'remove' bits and pieces I don't want to see.
    MasterMagnus and minimind like this.
  4. minimind The Village Idiot

Here's what my forum experience looks like:

[IMG]
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  5. Wobat New Member

3rd party software. You're gonna get the ban hammer!
  6. Doranur_Aleguzzler Filthy Casualâ„¢

Never heard of it til now.
  7. Gidono https://everquest.allakhazam.com

I have more dark themes I've developed for some of the other EQ sites and even have one for Allakhazam.

You can check them out at https://userstyles.org/users/675478

I haven't updated them in a while so there might be something wonky on them if any of those sites have changed since I developed the themes.

I wasn't aware that userstyles.org was back online. They had a ton of issues a while back and had moved my themes off them. Looks like they are good now.
    minimind likes this.