Do you still use Silent Piety?

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Rineryen, Dec 16, 2017.

1. Rineryen Journeyman

Curious if other Paladins are still using Silent Piety a level 69 spell which increases chance to resist spells by 10% or not? I have plenty of buff slots even fully raid buffed so have cast it out of habit. Also, I think that 10% chance is to resist the spell completely which would seem worth casting if I'm resisting 1 in 10 spells. Can anyone add any clarity to that?

Thanks
  2. Seldom Augur

Yes, I still use the spell and encounter quite a bit of other Paladins that do on multiple servers/raid teams. Hopefully we can get it added to our Unity aa. While it's not a "big" deal, every little bit helps. I wish the line was continued personally. We've mostly lost our old niche of being stellar versus spell related damage
  3. Goodn Augur

Still use it. I have zero idea if it does anything anymore with all the SPAs and such, but at this point, I get a nervous tick if I don't see it in my buffs.

The short(-ish) duration is the biggest pain for keeping the spell going, but it can be solved pretty easy with a macro and a spell set that just has silent piety on it. I just cast whenever I have a short downtime between pulls and I notice the buff is under 15 min left. About 10 sec for the macro to change one spell slot, cast spell, and return to your main spell set.

And please, count my vote for adding it to the Unity AA or actually granting us the spell buff as an aa.
  4. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

It works. No reason not to use it. Stacks with hooded scykin familiar too. Why wouldn't you use it? Lasts for over an hour with buff extension aa.
  5. Odiiusx Elder

I use it all the time, and I agree with the above comments that it would be an awesome addition to the new Unity AA since it is a duration self buff.
  6. Rineryen Journeyman

Thanks for the input and I would agree that it would be nice to be included in our Unity AA. It's exclusion was one of the reasons I was curious if I was the only one still using this.
  7. draginn Elder

yes still use!
  8. Razorfall Augur

Yes and I'm annoyed it isn't in the unity. Also annoyed there isn't a unity for our short term buffs.
  9. Wulfhere Augur

Yes I use it all the time and it should be in paladin Unity AA line.

Also Remorse for the Fallen needs to be fixed to work past level 105 as right now it's useless. In fact, it's level restriction should be change to player LEVEL so it doesn't need yet again and again.
  10. Goodn Augur

In the 1/9/18 Test Patch notes:
    - Paladin - All ranks of Divine Protector's Unity now include the buff Silent Piety.

We may never have to mem that spell again...
  11. Huna Journeyman

Wish they would have added our Aura also, maybe next patch:(
  12. draginn Elder

Nice they added that in!