Do i need to buy latest expansion

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Margot Heart, Feb 26, 2018.

1. Margot Heart Elder

Hey do i need to get the latest expansion to be able to play on the new progression server ?
  2. Riou EQResource

Just All Access
  3. Yruc Augur

No, as Rious stated, you only need to have the all access pass. You can buy the subscription or consume a Krono for 30 days of game time and you must keep your subscription up. If it lapses then you will not be able to login to that server until you get all access again.
    Margot Heart likes this.
  4. Moege Augur

if you make multiple characters on a progression server, write down the account/name/class and keep it somewhere you can find it months later. Very often people take a break then cannot remember which character they had on which server.

As you cannot log in to check it becomes a guessing game on who is where.
    Margot Heart likes this.
  5. Gialana Augur

There is a file in the EverQuest directory called something like <account name>_characters.ini that should list the character names you have on that account and which server they're located. However, Moege's suggestion is still good since you may not remember the character's name that you're after. Also, if you delete that file or the directory, you're written notes will be all you have.
  6. Yruc Augur

DB now creates a file in your EQ directory that lists all of your characters and sever. In your eq directory there will be a file called <your login name>_characters

so if your login is Bilbo28 the file will be Bilbo28_characters

Character0=name1,agnarr
    Character1=name2,agnarr
    Character2=name3,agnarr
    Character3=name4,agnarr
    Character4=name5,firiona
    Character5=name6,rathe
    Character6=name7,antonius
    etc

Gialana beat me to it...
    Margot Heart likes this.