Do I have to quit my job?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Kywen, Dec 4, 2015.

1. Kywen Augur

I have a full time job. Do I have to quit it to have a chance at doing all raids and getting my epic on Phinny? I don't really have money in savings but I have a 401k I could live off of for a while. That's supposed to be for when I'm old, though.
  2. Senen Journeyman

If your going to be competitive in Old School EQ terms probably so... this game was never for people that had full time family life if you were on the bleeding edge. I remember going to Mech Engineering school and still playing 12 hrs + a day while starting my family back then. I would never imagine doing that now a good 2 or 3 hours a day will be the most I could stomach and that will make progressing very slow. The day of poop socking, being on a raid recall list, or getting called at 4 am in the morning because insert dragon spawned early are over.... lol Nastalgia has me back thinking about playing again, but I'm having a really hard time stomaching what the game has turned into. I told my friends that when I left the game after being at the very pinnacle with Fires of Heaven many many years back. That I would never return and ruin those memories, they are trying to talk me into playing on Phiny, for one last hoorah to this era of gaming. Not sure I can get myself to commit to camping items for days weeks like I did back then. Heck I remember camping Lord Grimrot for nearly 6 months just for one part of my Paladin Epic back then the Aegis of Life. Fond memories, but now not so sure problem is nothing has come out with exception to Vanguard which is now out the door that has been a true successor to this game not even EQ2 is really that its more Wow then EQ.
  3. Batbener Augur

Every raid? Yes you need to quit your job. Enough raids that you can be in the "top" guild and still have a life... no. You can still enjoy the game and be "uber"!
  4. Works Elder

I'm just going to go ahead and assume you're joking. If you're actually willing to blow a 401k to play Everquest in 2015 I just don't have anything for you.

But seriously though, no. As long as you can participate on a regular basis off regular work hours and get in with the right guild you should be able to see all the content you want.

We don't know what the open world epic spawns are going to look like yet though, so really it's hard to say. I'm going to guess that anything that's not available in an instance is going to be pretty hard to get at least until late Velious regardless of your available playtime, though.
  5. FurySoul Augur

Quit your job. It's the best thing you can do to strengthen your Everquest career!
  6. jude New Member

Hey dude this is not the game for you this game is for enjoyment of the game not conquering all of its content. I find it more enjoyable leveling a class I have never played under the old rules instead of the kill lvl loot repeat