Do Enc and Bst mana regens spells stack?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Andarriel, Dec 28, 2023.

1. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

how bout druid skin as well? Trying to get so my ranger gets mana back faster yea kinda bites when i oom so fast sometimes.
  2. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

They all stack.
    Andarriel likes this.
  3. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Ok thx for the info guess i need to make a bst lol. Least i got a heroic 100 boost i havent sold yet.
  4. Vumad Cape Wearer

Druid skin, C and Bst crack stack. You can have an orange mod rod and there are some lower level mod rods on the same timer but are not lore if you want to try to carry an extra weak rod.

Instead of Cleric temperance/conviction, Use Skin from Druid and Symbol from Cleric. They stack. I believe the AC is lower but you get mana regen from the druid skin.
    Andarriel likes this.
  5. Tatanka Joe Schmo

There are many, many mana regen effects which stack.

An easy way to see if two buffs stack (this applies to anything, not just mana regen), use the lucy website (affiliated with ZAM): https://lucy.allakhazam.com/spell.html?id=18145&source=Live (with BST spell Spiritual Edification already called up).

You see where it says "Slot 5 - increases mana" right at the top? All buffs put each of their components in one of a number of various "slots", which are used internally. If two buffs affect the same "thing" (mana regen, in this case) in the same slot, then only the better buff will stick. Otherwise, they stack.

Now you can do one of two things. You can click the "Stacking" link in the top right, and get a list of all the spells which will not stack, or, what I like to do, note the slot used by this spell for the attribute in question, and then look up the other buff. What you find with the ENC mana regen buffs is that they all use slot 2, so they are all compatible (stack with) the BST mana regen buffs, which use slot 5.

This also explains why all ENC mana regen buffs don't stack (or any other buff type, for example). All ENC mana regen buffs use slot 2, so the best one you get will always overwrite the one you had.

I'll share a quick chart I made (from a druid's perspective) of the mana regen buffs you can get, all of which stack:

no slot - base mana regen
    no slot - Mental clarity AA
    no slot - Expanded Awareness AA
    no slot - Heroic Resolution AA (I assume these last three simply modify the value originally used for the first one, base mana regen)
    8 - Knowledge of the Past
    3 - Mask of XXXX (Druid self-only mana regen buff)
    4 - XXXX Skin (Druid HP/mana regen buff)
    2 - ENC crack buffs
    11 - ENC mana regen auras
    5 - BST mana regen buffs
    13 - Druid wolf/group wolf buffs
    1 - Illusion/mount mana regen

In addition, you can have two different Bard songs buffing you, both of which have mana regen properties.
    Rijacki and Andarriel like this.
  6. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

You can pop a Spirituality Potion and skip leveling the beastlord, it's the same buff but a bit worse but saves you having to load another character in for a buff.
  7. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

must be missing something says its only 24 mana regen a sec. not impressed.
  8. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

My bst and druid will be on same account. druid is for buffs only. Be nice if they just fix rangers mana problem.
  9. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Almost forgot, stacking HWis and/or HInt will increase base mana regen. So, for Druid or Ranger, that would be HWis. I think it's +1 regen for every 25 HWis.
  10. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

do bards get mana regen from some hStat?
  11. Tatanka Joe Schmo

My guess is no, because they are neither INT or WIS casters. Yes, I know they have a few songs which use mana, but I don't think it's considered part of their archetype.
  12. Vumad Cape Wearer

My L115 FTP BST give great BST crack. My 115 FTP SHM also give great unity. Many of the buff classes are great alternatives for potions. Also if you use their AAs strictly for the buff mods you need, the 250 AA cap is not a problem.
  13. Tatanka Joe Schmo

The other nice thing is a couple years ago, they changed buff spells to where there are no ranks, so if you use F2P accounts for buffbots, you don't have to worry about not having rank 2 or rank 3 of the spells.

I have a chanter and a beast on two F2P accounts (and a shaman on a third) just for the quick easy buffs.

For those wondering where the stacking for mana regen gets you, the last time I bothered to look (about a year and a half ago), I was sitting at about 1040/tick. That's without enchanter auras or bard songs, and with only about 10 Heroic Resolution AA ranks. Also without the best ranks of Knowledge of the Past, etc.