do 18/19 aug casting procs work for bards?

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by svann, Jan 10, 2019.

1. svann Augur

Im looking through the list of type 18/19 augs to see what augs I want on my wish list. Whispering midnight casting magic and blazing paradise casting magic proc damage from spellcasts. Does that work for bard insults and alliance?
  2. Nniki Augur

I haven't tried them specifically, but I'd assume no. I don't believe anything with SPA 383 (e.g. sympathetic procs) works for bards.
  3. Cuuthbert Augur

That is a good question. I have not tried myself because songs never been classified as casting and have never had casting mods work on songs. If I get a clearing going again and get a rot one may throw it in to see but am not hopeful
  4. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

The fire symp only fires off fire spells. The magic symp only fires off magic spells. The description I believe was clarified on the aug in this week's patch. "Limit:Fire" and "Limit:Magic" lines in the spell database are what that means - most players, including myself, didn't understand this is how those procs work until recently.

I have no idea how any of your song nukes and if they classify as fire or magic.
  5. Brohg Augur

The Soandso's Insult line of songs are magic-type DDs. The reason these wouldn't work for bards is just "because they're bards"
    svann likes this.
  6. Nniki Augur

The effects on the augs also have Limit Resist: Lowest, which is chromatic spells.
  7. Fintank Augur

I think there's at least reasonable doubt that the aug will work for bards. However I can't really test this myself so it's all based off of theory. So, I *THINK* the reason behind basically all sympathetic procs and potions not firing off of Bard nukes is because of this (5:Limit Type: Exclude Combat Skills)

I *THINK* Singing and the Instrument skills get flagged as Combat Skills. So with that being said, the type 18/19 augs DO NOT have this specific exclusion on them. So I *THINK* these might actually work for bards for the first time in..... ever?
    Nniki likes this.
  8. Nniki Augur

That's interesting. I knew I'd seen that label somewhere before. If you look Puretone Discipline, for instance, on a spell parser, it lists the skill as Singing (Combat Skill). And just doing a quick check on various effects that don't work for bard songs, they all exclude combat skills. Good chance that's probably it.