diving back into EQ, in-game item question

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by jc4jax, Oct 4, 2013.

1. jc4jax New Member

So I played a high level enchanter way back when and left shortly after EQ2 came out. I see this bonus offering of a 36-slot bag or mount or hero armor forge system. Which of the 3 would be most beneficial? Thinking of going necro this time around.
  2. IDotPeople Augur

Hero armor forge system is purely cosmetic, let's you make your armor look different with ornamentations.

Mount would be decent for traveling, but a good one can be acquired later. Mounts + fighting do not end well for necromancers.

36 slot bag would let you hold more things, but isn't a must have item really.

So really it is up to you, I'd personally go for the bag but I tend towards practicality.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  3. jc4jax New Member

That is what I was leaning towards, just wanted to get an update from current players. Thanks.
  4. Potionless Elder

+1 for the bag. Lets you go longer before you get to the point of having to destroy stuff. Check to see if you have loyalty points. You can get big bags from the loyalty vendor in PoK - but not 36 slot ones.

If you do tradeskills, big bags are a must.
  5. Borek-VS Augur

The Loyalty bags are 16 slot; there are claim bags from recent expansions that are 20 and 24. However, you can purchase/tradeskill a big bag that will only hold tradeskill supplies. Given the huge number of tradeskill drops these days, it's a good thing to buy if you can afford it.
  6. Azazael New Member

+1 for 32 slot bag. My logic is that its worth the most in SC points. Also its heirloom so you can hand it to alts unlock Hero's Forge.
  7. Raptorjesus5 Augur

If it were me I would choose the bag and it wouldn't even be close.
    Toquillaw likes this.