Dispelling

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Dumbledorf, Jul 29, 2017.

1. Dumbledorf Lorekeeper

Lol if you stick to leveling and raiding, you're fine. As soon as you try to go for hill Giants, ac, camp frenzy or something - you're going to run into grief.

Just last night, bard came in and charmed away hg I had dotted up. It's really stupid, because the zone has plenty of he's if everyone just did their part in clearing trash mobs. I ended up leaving to go join a hamlord camp that also had frenzy. Ended up having to go defend mobs from a solo 50 shaman that wasn't responding to tells.

It's not the majority of the server, but there's a definite permanent presence of scummy players.
  2. Galleyan Augur

This. Was hoping GoD release on Phinny would alleviate some of it for us on Agnarr... but in my experience it really hasn't. The good players all went back to Phinny... the scum stayed. :D
  3. DariyaVika Augur

Enchanters and bards are supposed to be support classes, not God-tier dps classes.

When you're l33t charm killing named mobs that take normal classes a balanced group to go after, don't get mad if someone evens the odds a bit and tests your ability to actually CC stuff.
  4. Thorondor Augur

LOL it takes a complete balanced group to kill Frenzy? Ghoul Lord? Arch Magus? Hyperbole much?
  5. Espiritun Augur

They're one and the same: The permanent players are the scummy ones.

The RMT'ers , krono farmers and the unemployed neckbeard. EQ is all they have and YOU are in THEIR way of making $2/hour
  6. DariyaVika Augur

There's a guy on the server who duos Estrella with an enchanter/cleric combo. Same happens with efreeti camp.

There was a group that lost the Verina Tomb dps race last week because they were dumb enough to use a charm pet and thought they were pwning it right up until it got dispelled.

If you complain about your charm pets getting dispelled during dps races, stop whining. Bring some wizards, monks, necros, and mages if you want to win the dps race.
  7. Machentoo Augur

Apparently Daybreak did!

Also, kill stealing in a game is nothing akin to murder in real life. Nice false equivalency.

You won't sway people to your position by summarily dismissing anyone who disagrees with you as irrelevant.
  8. lel_at_you New Member

Pfft... enchanters and bards running around acting like they need a safe space because people don't like it when they charm gate mobs away. I'm going to continue dispelling any charm pet that someone pets to take from me. I don't care if you're triggered because I am killing the gargoyles in Hate. You charming it away from me does not mean you are not in the wrong. I am well within my bounds to dispell it to finish killing it. This is a two way street... it's griefing to charm something away from someone, dispell is my countermeasure. I've had way more problems with people charming mobs away from me than I ever had with people dispelling my spells. Maybe it's because I am ready to recharm my pets because I'm not an idiot. Dispelling my pet isn't gonna do much but slow me down for 10 seconds.

For all these low level camps that are contested, stop trying to use charm pets and dots... learn to DPS race, scrubs. Just because you don't like it doesn't make it wrong. Or maybe have the sense to know when your charm is at risk for being dispelled and be read for it. Or something else... or anything else... do anything but be a triggered little baby because people won't let you steam roll over them. Dispell is the only tool we have to fight the real trolls, Charm casters.

So take your "oh dear oh my i don't like having to pay attention to what i'm doing... only group members should be able to dispell my spells" crap and choke on it... you are clearly an idiot if it had not occurred to you that a change like this would do nothing but make enchanters even more grieffy than they already are. The idiocy is astonishing, do you even play EverQuest?
  9. Numiko Augur

Didn't Ford try that in the 70's? ..
    Ford_exec_01 "hey our Pinto's are exploding on Contact!"
    Ford_exec_02 "must be bad drivers"