Discussion about GoD and OoW

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Bobalob, Sep 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bobalob New Member

I promise that this is not a -

Early Luclin Relase. (Is it Luck-Lin or Loose-Lin?)
    AA Rate.
    Server Merges and Box Armies wanting instances.
    Pet* Mitigation.
    My class sucks.
    Why can't we have Beastlords?
    Exp Rate sucks.
    Something else sucks.

No... This is something else. Some GREATER!

This is a request, a plea if you will, to not bundle GoD and OoW.

GoD was one of the most difficult and trying expansions that EQ ever released. To release OoW with it at the same time would not only rob us, the players, of a chance to progress through the painfully difficult group content, but to die repeatedly in Qvic to some of the nastiest AE's and raid mechanics of all time.

I never had the opportunity to progress through this content until it was made irrelevant. I know that for many that will be the case.

DBG, think of the positives! Even if you just shorten the release time by two months, you'll have gained two extra months worth of subscription time! People will flock back for their 2.0's in OoW whom take a break post PoP completion, and staggering the release will encourage people to stay subbed.

If, perchance, this post gains traction and graces the eyes of our benevolent Overlords, could we at least (as a server) vote on the release of the expansions as seperate rather than together?

Kindest Regards,

The Lovable Bobalob
    Bezer, Finchy, Delphwind and 16 others like this.
  2. Tibalt Lorekeeper

100% support this thread.
  3. AgentofChange Augur

They have done some dumb things in the past but this would easily be their biggest mistake if they actually released GoD & OoW together.
  4. Joesnellenberge Journeyman

Combining the expansions would be the moment I cancel my sub. Thankfully I didn't get the 12 month one.
  5. Numiko Augur

I don't think they really thought this thru when they said they thought GoD would be to hard for level 65.

for one, the expansion was retuned and previous TLP servers showed it was not "to hard ..player power has increased significantly since the raids were retuned as well

Also the recent changes to gear stats means people will be getting Heroic stats bonus gear in PoP now which will add even more player power. .. and the fact that PoP will be fully instanced which means there will be TONS of people swimming in Quarm gear ready to go on GoD's Launch day, unlike back in the day where only one or two guilds had access to such loot at the launch of GoD.
  6. Rovell Elder

I stopped playing EQ back in the day during the Luclin era and I came back for a little bit of PoP before leaving EQ for good. The whole appeal of the TLP and the only reason I came back to the game was an opportunity to experience all the content I missed. While I can't speak for others, I personally would be VERY disappointed if I couldn't experience GoD the way it was intended as it's own expansion before the release of OoW. Let's face it, when released together, everyone will level to 70 and skip over GoD in favor of OoW content and gear.
    Bumblebuck likes this.
  7. Kutsuu Augur

You'll never experience the original difficulty of GoD either way... but it seems silly to bundle it because of old preconceived notions about how hard it was. Doing that ruins any chance of enjoying the expansion as it was meant to be presented.
  8. Sophism Lorekeeper

100% Against the idea of bundling these. GoD is fantastic on its own. As is OoW. Let us experience them both respectively.
  9. Crackers Augur

So far seems to be a consensus. I for one support this. Bottom line, I played through GoD during the last TLP servers (Vulak & Fippy). It was beatable in era. It is not too difficult. Granted, if you do something crazy like put MotM in that expansion, then we will have issues.

Is it hard in it's current form? Yes. Is it unbeatable? Far from it. I would wager at least 2 - 3 guilds beat it within a month of launch on Phini. Can't speak for the other two servers.

TL/DR - I support this thread. Do not bundle GoD and OoW!
  10. Crackers Augur

Also, if we need to bundle an expansion, I would bundle PoP and LDoN. Just my $0.02.
    Finchy and sihpa like this.
  11. Punchis-themonk Elder

12. Gremin Augur

GoD is not hard at all with all the increase of power to the classes. Just did GoD prior to RF/LJ easily with 42 in raid moderately time geared. Three months of just GoD would be fine for even the most casual guild imo.
  13. Accipiter Old Timer

14. The Hated One Augur

I am not too concerned about the bundling. I suffered through it when it went live and again on TLP. The first go was really rough. I think having a poor connection also made it rough. Anyways I am ok with it bundled or not...just keep the damn boss buffs off everything after luclin. Give us small groups a chance please!!! You think Lockjaw is having a hard time filling their ranks? You will find the same thing here soon if those of us not in large guilds, and don't really want to be in large guilds, can't progress.
  15. AgentofChange Augur

Small guilds will have Velious targets to kill in Luclin, just like they did in live. That is how EQ works.
  16. bodes Augur

The devs who have spent the last 16 months tuning MOTM/POTM buffs now have an idea of how much player power has grown over the years. They'll realize GOD can stand alone and change it.
  17. taliefer Augur

how do you define small, and what do you think you should be able to kill? everything in velious is killable with 40 people. just like it was originally. if you only field 3 groups for raids, you couldnt kill much back then, and thats still the case.

MoTM is a necessity in one form or another untill at least Planes of Power.
  18. Eldrian Augur

That is 100% correct and 100% wrong at the same time. Yes player power has grown over time from what it was in the beginning, but player population has declined. It used to be common to see several guilds with an active membership of 40+, these days the major guilds are lucky to field that many and the smaller guilds usually come in around 18-24 active members. MotM buffes effectively eliminate the low end and mid tier guilds that raid part time. If you are in a big raid guild you may not care about that but you should. The high end raid game and the low end raid game are inseperably connected, if one fails then the other will eventually fail also. The big raid guilds have to be constantly recruiting to keep numbers up from natural attrition, just where do you think those recruits come from? If small guilds cannot operate and keep players excited about EQ then there will be no recruit pool for the big guilds to pull from. MotM is an example of a good idea that was poorly implemented. It should start out in full effect or even a bit stronger at each expansion release but then fade over time so that by next expansion unlock it is gone altogether. This way the small guilds can keep an active mid tier going and the large raid guilds will have a player base to recruit from. You are right, if you only field 3 groups now you can't kill much, so if you can't kill anything and you haven't made the leap to join a big guild what do you do? You quit playing.
    Lithien, Kloven and The Hated One like this.
  19. vardune Augur

100% support this thread.
    Eldrian likes this.
  20. vardune Augur

I agree with that completely. That actually might be a deal breaker for me. The end of my subscriptions.
    Eldrian likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.