@Devs - Taunt is broken on large model raid content

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Machentoo, Oct 30, 2018.

1. Machentoo Augur

Hey Devs,

With the removal of z-axis taunting, you have completely broken taunt on larger models for raid content. For example, Kerafrym in Crystallos raid is completely unable to be taunted unless necromancers turn him into a skele first. The center of the model is too high for taunt to reach, otherwise, even if you levi off the ledge to gain some height. Same for AE Taunt.

Obviously taunt is a pretty critical ability to be able to use on all raid encounters.

Please fix!
    Prathun likes this.
  2. Ryak Augur

Instead of doing DoT reform, they have intentionally decided to give necromancers utility by making NPC skeleton form into raid utility.

Clearly working as intended.

;)
    Machentoo likes this.
  3. RandomStrategy Augur

Nothing that an SK with a Neb's Warbone couldn't do #NoDAHammerNoProblem.
  4. Thatoneguy666 Elder

Yeah this would be a nice fix. It means you can't aetaunt on tons of other boss mobs aside from Kerafrym. No reason it should work like this. Maybe make mobs centers their feet or something.
  5. HoodenShuklak Augur

If the dragon is so tall, do you really think they will hear your taunts? Maybe this was intentional.
    Phinny4Life likes this.
  6. Punchu Augur

Maybe your tanks just have weak taunts. Take this lesson from Johnny 5.

Wyre Wintermute and Dythan like this.
  7. Machentoo Augur

I will say it has changed my thinking about the usefulness of necromancers on raids. Now there is reason to bring one! :p
  8. Risiko Augur

Have you ever noticed that if a thread's title has the word DEV in it, no devs respond to that thread usually?
  9. Ckador Augur

Warrior007 likes this.
  10. taliefer Augur

i been taunting bats down in sol b since 99 bro, OGC AINT GOT NOTHIN ON ME
  11. RandomStrategy Augur

Intended Taunt Methods:

Machentoo likes this.
  12. Machentoo Augur

I got a like! Woot!

After you posted this, I went and did a search. It seems you are correct--of all the threads they respond to, they hardly ever respond to any with Dev in the title. Maybe they mentally filter them out since usually they contain bizarre requests.
  13. Ryak Augur

I'm preparing my "@Devs, respond if you like puppies" thread as we speak to prove you wrong!
  14. RainbowCane Elder

Bump. Also has anyone made a bug report about this already?
  15. Xhartor Augur

Xegony would be a good example of this too.
  16. Ryak Augur

Honestly this isn't something that's worth asking about right now, compared to much more important things like SoD load balancing and 3 month flagging changes.

We've killed him twice now just fine using the skeleton workaround. Honestly, it ends up being a neat mechanic, despite not being "intentional".
  17. Machentoo Augur

It's a much bigger problem than just one mob. There are mobs coming up not too far from now that you won't be able to taunt and won't be possible to turn them into skeletons (Brekt in SoD will be one, iirc, maybe Jaled Dar as well in FoS raid.) Other mobs where a quick aggro change from taunt is required by the event script. While it may not break progression right at this moment, it will sometime in the next few expansions if they don't fix it.

Edit to add, we've killed him about ten times now so I am well aware it is doable.