Devs please fix advanced loot system

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Brelic, May 23, 2015.

1. Brelic Elder

Devs first thank you for all of your hard work this weekend. When you have a spare moment can you take a look at the advanced loot system, it keeps causing people to crash.
  2. BluePhoenix New Member

yes, please, this has happened to me twice
  3. Roshen Brand Manager

It shouldn't be. In the meanwhile, if this is an issue for you, /advloot, click on “Loot Settings" button, and uncheck “Use Advanced Looting”
  4. Seraphim Augur

Same, I was changing some of the options and it crashed the game.
  5. Oberon Augur

advloot is bizarre, i have it turned off and i'll still encounter a mob corpse everyone once in awhile that says "this can only be looted with advloot" or something to that effect
    yellowzombie likes this.
  6. Frenzic Augur

Crashing my game randomly too it seems. I try not to open it if I can avoid it.
  7. UnnamedPlayer Elder

For those crashing, are you using a custom UI? Also, Are you sure it's Advanced Looting causing the crash, and not some other software/hardware issue?
  8. Dredlox Elder

I just tried to ML something to someone and crashed, happened last night also, now can't log back in, fricken blast here.
  9. Gehlfein Elder

Yes, I've crashed twice as well from Advanced Looting. It was strictly while grouping, while playing with a setting on a standard UI.

I'll try to remember *exactly* what I did, should it happen again.
  10. BluePhoenix New Member

both times ive crashed its been from changing a need roll to a greed roll
  11. Barton The Mischievous

Mine caused a crash last night on Ragefire I was in a group of 3 tried changing a setting after it had started a roll and it crashed as i was worried about getting back in I did not fill out the report. will try and recreate it and report it once things calm down
  12. kain200 Augur

I've crashed several times as well while using advanced loot. Its always when i'm messing with the options while in a group. I love advanced loot when i'm soloing but for the life of me I can't get it set up the way I like it when i'm in a group.

Alone I can set things to just auto loot for me and auto leave stuff I don't want. The problem is with my box grouped I can't get it to do the same... like I can't figure out a way to make it just automatically give the stuff to my main and decline everything with my box. I end up having to manually click need/greed stuff to get items looted. I wish I could figure it out because I do like the system.

Every single time i've been in group trying to figure out how to set options to accomplish what i've described above...I get a crash to desktop. Its always on the same screen of options too. Not the one where you can tic the box to "use advanced loot" or not, its one of the other options pop ups. Sorry I'm not familiar enough with the system yet to know what everything is called.
  13. Vadolix New Member

Cleric in group was wanting to med, but also get loot so we tried out Advanced Looting, ended up selecting "Leave on Corpse" on a Lava Pear and that's what did me in.

It's definitely a problem on this server that advanced loot is crashing people.
  14. Machen New Member

It absolutely caused me to crash yesterday. Clicked "leave on corpse" on an item that had been sitting in the window for quite a while, and boom, instant client freeze--just like it used to do quite often before you guys fixed it.
  15. Natedog New Member

Do not click the cog wheel on /advloot window.. that was the main thing that was crashing me.
  16. Manian Vineheart Lorekeeper

multiple crashed today using advloot. One time after trying to leave an item on a corpse after no one wanted. another time not as leader just clicking greed on an item.
  17. cnext New Member

It is extremely broken. I cannot press any buttons on it without it crashing. not even to change settings.
  18. Kildayil New Member

Yes, it is certainly an issue. In the group advanced looting, I was trying to check the boxes, and it says I crashed, and of course, now I can't log back in. Thanks.
  19. CocoaNut Elder

The problem for me seemed to be when I tried to change options on things that already should have rolled. So if nobody rolled on an orc sternum and I decided to switch up categories so that I would never roll on it, then it would cause me to crash.
  20. Azis New Member

Your experience is close to mine. What I think the issue really is... sometimes items are still in the loot window for groups that shouldn't be. For example, if I am not in the area and an item drops, the item shows up shaded in red. If I click anything on this item it drops me. Furthermore, if an item was already rolled or looted, there are occasions where it is still in the adv loot window. Clicking any action on this item (as the master loot or as a member) seems to cause a crash. This happened 2x to me last night as well as to 3 group members, some of them many times. I hope this information can help devs!