Devs had enough time to respond they arent going to fix it...

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by flash000, Jan 21, 2018.

1. xcitng Augur

just my 2cp, a game is a lot different than a movie already past being changed, and you pay for it once .... i agree that the devs really need to respond to the many ppl they have hurt by doing this, either say fu it stays or they will look more into it and maybe make changes .... there is no reason to call ppl stupid or ridiculous for being upset
    Lily likes this.
  2. Ofearl Slayer of all things Stupid

I enjoy this game and cant wait to log back in and go thru some gnomer gribbles for craps and grins! Havent done them since “revamp” and doubtful they are that bad. Same with the TBM ones, plus undead so win win!
  3. xcitng Augur

well, yeah, being in a top raid guild with the kind of stats you are showing it's easy to see the changes wouldn't matter to you ... also, they did all of the changes after most all raiders were already 110 ... most of us aren't 110 or even close, we are the ones it hurt
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  4. Lianeb Augur

If you are affected by this change to HAs, Ie. level 110 in a 96-100 zone.

Psst that is not progression. Use that excuse somewhere else
  5. xcitng Augur

not sure what you mean, all of eq at your lvl is part of progressing, no need to be snotty
  6. Zunnoab Augur

The direction overall for the game has been downhill since about two and a half years ago, perhaps earlier since I didn't notice big time until it hit my bard. It's like they design the game now for 10-20% of the player base and just literally do not care about the rest, and someone got in charge that didn't like the utility players were given over the years.

I really wish the devolution of this game would stop. I'm sick of the removal/crippling of abilities and sick of what seems like contempt towards the players (putting "lol" in mob names after effectively giving a death sentence to several guilds is contemptibly cruel). I can't imagine what it's like for the majority of the player base, when they are designing group content for raid-geared players basically. End of Empire is insanely tuned, and they tune up Fell Foliage... it's just ridiculous.

Point blank, playing this game is less fun for me than it was a couple years ago, and it's specifically the regressive design direction that is to blame. It's specifically due to the crippling of Lure of the Siren's Song, an ability that was meant to gather mobs together for crowd control virtually removed from the game since it won't work on mobs up to the max mezz level. The linking of the two cleric mana AAs and the increase in the timer means that Every. Single. Time. I could have used them to save a little bit of time I'm reminded that it's unwise to now in case I need them again. Time and time again more and more regressive changes happen and I can't believe there used to be a time I disagreed that was happening.

That does not mean I hate all of the current stuff or that I don't think the developers are trying, but it seems like a consistent focus specifically to take abilities from the players or kick them backwards in progression, as if they have pulled a reversal and exclusively design for the top few guilds in the game now.

I know the tuning pendulum tends to go back and forth and they can't please everyone, but the way they kick mid/low end players to the curb consistently now is too often to be coincidence.

Having seen some of the developers in person the one time I went to SOE Live makes me feel bad being so blunt about it, but I just don't agree with the regressive way the game's tuning has been handled. This is not just one incident. This is a pattern that's been going on for some time now, unfortunately.

I don't intend to quit playing. My guild is actually doing fine right now, thankfully. This topic isn't about raiding guilds though, and I just can't imagine what it must be like for group players having the carpet pulled from under them time and time again.
    Ratbo Peep and Frael like this.
  7. cowboy5 New Member

i think the problem is you guys think this was a mistake, an error on there part . its not, they know what they are doing. they know they will lose people but they believe that the ones who stay and any new players will use the pay to win option. they believe this model will be the more profitable model.your happiness doesn't even hit the radar screen, this place is now owned by the bean counters , you are the cows to be milked. cows don't have an opinion. they wont even consider changing for at least 6 months, more like a year they will figure the sale of kronos alone will make up for what ever they lose from people leaving. the only way to fight this is every day tell everyone to not buy anything from the store, shame anyone that trades kronos, appeal to peoples best interest. this is not really to anyone's benefit other then daybreak's. they are not players, they haven't sweat in this game. this is just a chance for a corporation to rip off the customers, like most every corporation does . capitalism is great isnt it?
    Qazwsx likes this.
  8. Bigstomp Augur

I personally think they should cap it as it was when current. If I go back to old content I want to steamroll it. (I also do not expect to get good xp - I'm going back to finish things I couldn't complete when it was new).
  9. BarryGarry New Member

Really should have had at least a " we will look into this, we see we are about to lose half of our income so prob worth investigating, please give us a year to consider"
  10. Tornicade_IV Augur

If you read around youll see that a lot of the posters are 105 and under. course you don't give a crap about them .
    Also TBM... last I checked is a level 105 expansion

as far as you people who pressure people to get end level then chide them because they are going back to do content that higher levels pled them to miss... shame on you.
  11. Pharone Elder

Please forgive me for not knowing the details, but is this anger about the fact that the mobs scale to the level of the characters entering the HA?

I'm just trying to understand the issue completely.

I am assuming that this only affects the mobs inside the Heroic Adventure instances. I would be rather annoyed myself if I was unable to go back to older expansions and easily farm mobs for crafting materials.

If it is the scaling of mobs in heroic adventure instances, I have to agree that the scaling of the mobs should be capped at the intended level of the expansion.

For example, if the heroic adventure you are doing is from an expansion that had a max level of 95 when it was released, then the max level the mobs should scale up to in that heroic adventure should be (or what ever the max level of that expansion's mobs are).

That's just my two cents.
  12. Dhurgan Augur

More often than not I'm shaking my fist that Dissonant Chord doesn't work on most RoS mobs rather than Siren's Song. I would have liked to see Dissonant Chord get an upgrade to work on mobs up to 115, I might even settle for 113 heh.
  13. Tornicade_IV Augur

if level 100 is the highest in a cotf ha needed for achievements. and quest progression. then the level 100 instance is now more difficult for that 100 due to backwards scaling. of the tuning for 106-110

These are the people who spend 2-4hours working these ha's not 25 minutes.
  14. Ratbo Peep Augur

I made a similar post a couple months ago.
    -R
  15. cowboy5 New Member

you are ahead of the curve again then ratbo