Devs: can we have an impromptu irc chat with rogues and berserkers..

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by hakmer, May 10, 2013.

1. hakmer Augur

i am sure the community would like some clarification on what you're vision is, as compared to what we expect from those classes.

hopefully the community will respond if they think this is a good idea or not.
    silku likes this.
  2. Knutplate Lorekeeper

I'd like an impromptu chat for necros too please.

Any other classes want direct contact with devs?
    Kelefane likes this.
  3. Kelefane Augur

AND I'D LOVE AN IMPROMPTU CHAT FOR ESKAYS TOO

PLZ
  4. silku Augur

I wouldn't mind another direct contact with them, but I don't know that it will do any good.
  5. Zahrym Augur

I'd be floored if this ever happened, it's been asked many times at fan fair (soe live) as well as in irc AA and class chats, as well as in beta forums for the dev's to state clearly where and what they visualize for each classes role so players can give more accurate feedback towards exactly what the developmental end-goal is.

The only response I've ever seen is...'don't ever expect a response to that question'
    silku likes this.
  6. fransisco Augur

problem: berzerkers are not outparsing everyone in the game anymore?
  7. Hatsee Augur

I'd lose what little respect I have for a few people on the team if this was done.
    Xnao likes this.
  8. Daedly Augur

That makes sense, direct communication between players and developers is clearly a bad thing....

Jokes aside, I am curious why you say you would lose respect for devs if it happened? Is it simply that you don't agree with what is likely to be talked about? Upset because you would see it in some way as to them giving in to pressure?
  9. gcubed Augur

All IRC chats that have been productive have been organized and run by a Dev. The Dev sets up the chat with a specific goal in mind and the scope of the chat is limited to that goal.

The OP is proposing something different. The scope isn't limited because the only stated goal of the chat is to discuss "The Vision". Nothing can get accomplished other than having everyone walk away dissatisfied. It is very possible it would devolve into a session very rapidly.
  10. silku Augur

You know what would be interesting to me? To see the 'vision' written out in some form. What it is they envision all classes as being. As a chanter I would like to know what it is their vision is and if it matches up to mine, yours, ours, etc. Might be a lot of work writing it out, but it would help us understand some of the reasoning behind some of the changes/nerfs/aas etc.
    Fenudir likes this.