@Dev - The Classic Era Experience

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Coirnav, May 9, 2019.

1. That0neguy Augur

Those of us poor souls who are still playing EQ will still be playing EQ regardless of what Blizzard does. There is a reason we still play this game and 99.9% of everyone else has moved on.
    code-zero and Thalliius like this.
  2. Accipiter Old Timer

Agreed.
    code-zero likes this.
  3. Accipiter Old Timer

And a very small percentage of those play EQ... at least to the extent that those of us addicted to it do.
  4. That0neguy Augur

Except you forget classic wow had none of this. It was the same 5 quests rehashed everywhere. Pvp was terrible back then. Dungeons did take hours to complete and find a group to go with.

People also forget when wow actually launched I regards to eq and if you look at the player population it was already declining when wow launched.

Also just because it suffered back then doesnt mean the same people are playing eq now and will he driven to it again.
  5. Elemenopi Augur

Wasnt a day I logged into Mangler that I didnt see someone talking about classic WOW. Some folks claim to be waiting for the vaporware-until-proven-otherwise game known as Pantheon, but until then, the Nostalgia-fatigue factor will be alot higher in EQ than it will be in vanilla WOW. Couple that with the rule changes to the PnP - the reason many arent even getting the classic experience from EQ they are chasing - and its pretty clear which direction this is all going - for the objective minded that is. By the time it launches, Mangler will be in Kunark, and the bots will be sitting on all the good camps.

DpsRaceCampStealQuest -vs- InstancedDungeonsOfWarcraft. Not really a tough decision.
    Same as in 2004. Whether its the same people or not is irrelevant. Same problem, same solution.

Sure, there will be some folks biased toward EQ to the point where they will stay around, but the rest will be gone.
    Ragnoruk likes this.
  6. code-zero Augur

So you're saying the soft and weak will go to classic WoW?
  7. Thalliius Augur

You realize you need those "soft and weak" players to keep Everquest running. You need that playerbase for the economy and for DBG to get income to maintain the servers.

Classic WoW was amazing for its time, but if it was so wonderful I'd still be playing it and I'm not, I'm playing Everquest. I'd be careful what you wish for though trying to categorize players as "weak and soft" etc, EQ needs everyone to survive long term, not just the hardcore players
  8. Accipiter Old Timer

You are comparing now to 15+ years ago? Good luck.
  9. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Already playing wow beta classic....

They still have the same bugs in the AH for the economy. o_O
    Going to be easy mode for that. I don't enjoy the game per say but the trading game will be fun when I'm messing around with my box team in EQ.
  10. Thalliius Augur

There are automated bot traders in WoW that scan the AH real time and instantly purchase items that drop below a certain price threshold, then repost

When you’re trying to do trading in WoW, you’re competing against bots that are running 24/7, never sleep, eat, take bio breaks, etc

Same thing on the gathering professions, there are lots of Chinese farmers and regular players running bots that literally run around (and eventually fly) to every node in the zone over and over, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week

Bottling is taken to a whole new level in WoW compared to EQ, and there are certain areas outside of instanced dungeons that are highly camped/farmed similar to Rathe Mountain hill giants. The only bonus is that there is no kill stealing in WoW, once you tag a mob its yours unless you die or run and it leashes... which would be pretty sweet if we had that mechanic in EQ