Dev roles

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by sojero, May 1, 2015.

1. sojero One hit wonder

Is there a post somewhere that lists what the devs job are and what they handle. I know I have heard over time, and I forget some of their jobs, as many have multiple jobs, especially with the recent shake up.
  2. Iila Augur

We haven't really gotten an answer about that since the firings.

The remaining devs I know of and their old roles.
    Aristo: spells, patching
    Elidroth: AAs, trolling forums
    Absor: Content, raids
    Dzarn: Content
    Prathun: Content
    Jchan, Hludwolf: Coders
    Yinla, Smokezz, Axxius and 2 others like this.
  3. Crystilla Augur

The only answer we got is their jobs are no longer singular like that. Anyone can work on anything. (What wasn't said was training, etc.). The example given by Holly I think is if Jenn wanted to do some content she could.
  4. sojero One hit wonder

Thank you, That is about how I remembered it, didn't know if any of that had changed.
  5. Hayzeus Augur

Proving the point that everyone has at least one thing they're good at.
    Yinla and Reht like this.
  6. Warpeace Augur

7. Warpeace Augur

8. Iila Augur

Somehow, I'm not going to buy that DBG suddenly turned into Valve with open projects and the good kind of flexible roles.
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  9. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Fixed that for you.
    Yinla, Fanra and Iila like this.
  10. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

11. Iila Augur

He's a community manager, not a dev. Maybe if he really wanted to, and wasn't too busy dealing with the whining cesspools of the EQ1 and EQ2 communities, he could go make a couple quests. But his job title doesn't have him interacting directly with the in-game things.
  12. Numiko Augur

I noticed on Jenn Chan's twitter she is listed as Technical Director for both EQ and EQ2 now so looks like there was more merging of the teams then just Holly. Though maybe she was before too.
  13. Warpeace Augur

:D worst job ever:D
    Ratbo Peep and Iila like this.
  14. Quatr Augur

Back when I was a technical manager doing IT projects, it varied by person. A few (mostly senior) people could do many things very well. Some (mostly junior) people could do a small number of things reasonably well. Most people were in-between: they had their areas of expertise, but could help out in a few other areas in a pinch.
  15. Numiko Augur

Roshen's job explained:

[IMG]
    Ferry-Tunare, Sancus, Axxius and 8 others like this.
  16. Iila Augur

Imagine having to read every battleblade post that gets reported for trolling, and all the reported posts in the tlp forum.
    Garshok, Spellfire and Reht like this.
  17. Koryu Professional Roadkill

Thanks for the nightmares.
    Iila likes this.
  18. Axxius Augur

So who is handling itemization now? I hope it's somebody who actually plays the game and knows what all classes want. please be dzarn please be dzarn please be dzarn
    Yinla likes this.
  19. Iila Augur

Ideally, we could pull enough Dzarns from alternate timelines so that every system can be done by a Dzarn.

In reality, there's probably an xls file with the next 100 tiers of group and raid armor waiting to be exported and named.

EDIT: I made that post without seeing the inivisitext.
    Yinla and beryon like this.
  20. Riou EQResource

She was promoted to that like 2 years ago, basically she is in charge of both eq1 + eq2 code teams

They also have/had a shared like 5 person art team that made mobs and equipment graphics