Dev Question: Monks TLP

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Monkenaround, Jan 18, 2017.

1. Monkenaround New Member

Hey Dev Team, I was just curious if you guys could tell me what the real damage and delay is on a lev 60 monk bare fist. I keep hearing rumors of 14/26 for human monk and 14/27 for Iksar with a damage bonus of 11. If that is correct or close then why doesn't Ancient Prismatic Fist Wraps parse better then bare fist at 15/20. Also if I could get the formula so I can calculate what it will be at lev 65. Thanks for your time.
  2. Machen New Member

Level 60 for human monk is 23/38 (and 23/37 for iksar I believe.) Delay on monk fists never changes as you level.

If you have epic it drops your delay to 26, so 23/26 for level 60 epic monk.

This stuff was all parsed out and confirmed many times.

http://www.monkly-business.net/forums/showthread.php?38604-Monk-TLP-Info
  3. Monkenaround New Member

4. Machen New Member

I'll have to defer to someone on that. From what I recall monk bare fists don't have a damage bonus but I'm not positive.
  5. Toodles Elder

my understanding was epic monk fist had such crazy dmg/dly ratio because they do not have a damage bonus
  6. Jahtw Journeyman

Machen and toddles are right. I've done a fair amount of controlled parsing in the test server arena, and in the primary slot the 23/26 bare epic fist's dps is comparable to the 15/20 wraps', and significantly below the Fist of Nature's, Gharns', etc..., even though the fists' ratio is better. In the offhand, where damage bonus doesn't count, the bare fist beats everything up until the 17/19 fangs, the only monk weapon in the game at the moment with a better ratio.
  7. Sdoofbuc Augur

This is what I have notice from raiding on Phinny. I have Fist of Nature (15/18) and Ancient Prismatic Fist Wraps (15/20). I do more damage with Fist of Nature in main hand and epic bare fist in the off hand than Fist of Nature in main hand and Ancient Prismatic Fist Wraps in off hand. Avatar on with both combos. A guildmate of mine has Fangs of Vyzh`dra (17/19) main hand, Gharn's Rock of Smashing (16/19) off hand and Dark Hand Wraps (5% H2H mod). He beats me on parses every time no matter what combo I roll with.

Avatar proc counts as worn attack. So once I max my attack I can bank my Ancient Prismatic Fist Wraps. What I would like to know, does the Monk epic click stack with max attack? If I have max attack and click my epic, will I get more attack? I thought that monk epic click didn't give you more attack once capped, but I have been told it does. I'm not sure anymore.
  8. Sdoofbuc Augur

At level 65 Monk H2H skill goes up to 315.

That would make Monk fists with no epic 24/38 and 24/26 with epic. Going by (H2H_skill/15)+3.

With the new H2H skill, what weapons would out DPS epic? Main hand and off hand. Or are we still going to be going with no weapon in the off hand until we get Shinai of the Ancients or Exquisite Puresteel Wraps?
  9. Astley Augur

I believe with the AAs, 2HB starts to surpass epic fists in PoP also.
  10. Sdoofbuc Augur

That's cool, I actually really like 2HB. When are we able to bank our epic? When does the click become not worth clicking anymore?
  11. Jahtw Journeyman

I just got the dark hand wraps this weekend and have been using the fangs and fist of nature. I intend to do a long parse to compare later, but so far it does seem like i'm doing a bit more dps in raids than previously with fangs/bare epic fist. With the new display of atk that just launched, the effect of +15 h2h skill is made clear: on top of the +15 atk from the gloves, I also get an extra +15 atk (power) and +18 to accuracy. I'm assuming the second +15 does not count toward the worn atk cap, ditto with the +accuracy.
    It does. As far as I know, the avatar proc on ST weapons is the only buff in the whole game that counts as worn attack. Avatar from a shaman does not count. Starting with PoP there are other buffs that you may prefer to the epic click (e.g. the lvl 62 BST spiritual vigor has the same +40 atk as celestial tranquility, but has HP on top instead of the haste/ac we get). But i'm guessing the epic is worth toting around for quite a while, at least for when you can't find any other haste.

Without a +h2h mod, I think you're right, those are the first two weapons that will outdo the bare fist in offhand. I think the fangs and anything better (e.g. battle fists, 18/20) would come close enough in pure melee dmg that procs + augs + weapon stats might make them worth wearing, but i'm just guessing there. If you do manage to snag the gloves from VT, you'll have 330 h2h at 65, and more viable options besides the fist.