[DEV] Please add End&Wiz Epic Mob to instanced PoFear

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by JustAQuestion, Jun 22, 2016.

1. DariyaVika Augur

Why is it such a hot issue for some (few) posters that epics that have long been imbalanced in difficulty and pain level receive any update? Rogues and shamans have had free epics since day 1. I say free, because most of their epics were soloable, didn't rely on rng ultra-rare drops from raid mobs, and involved minimal poop-sock camps. If those very useful epics are so incredibly easy, why do other epics need to be so stupidly roadblocked to make them epic?

Who gains from that? The people who play those classes certainly don't. The guilds relying on those players certainly don't. (I quit my mage main because of the stupidity of the mage epic, back when you needed an ultra-rare staff from Inny, because every rogue on the server above level 50 was getting their free epic. I couldn't handle the stupidity of the mage quest vs several other much easier epic quests)

Look at epics 1.5 and 2.0. They were logical, mostly well-designed, and involved guilds killing group or raid mobs. Not idiotic camps for ground spawns and other garbage mechanics that made epic 1.0 such a miserable experience for so many players. That wasn't by accident. The developers realized how terribly the 1.0 epic quests were designed, and corrected it. They even put in very easy pre-quests for players who had never gotten epic 1.0.
  2. Leseul Journeyman

I think there is a consideration to be made that the epic quests (any many quests in general) were never designed with the volume of players that are currently on Phinny in mind... but I do agree with the statements above regarding Trak and UDB - UDB was meant to relieve a bottleneck, not create one. With Trak on a 24 hour respawn UDB outlived its purpose.

The other epic bottle necks that are occurring all seem to just be a sheer population size issue. This is also true of the bottleneck with the 8th Coldain ring at the moment.

IMO are different types of difficulty, and personally I feel like the best kind of difficulty is challenges that can be overcome with skill and/or personal growth. Waiting X number of days/hours isn't a skill check or offer an opportunity to grow, its a patience/luck check which to me have always felt arbitrary, have been in EQ since its inception, but have decreased dramatically as time passed (on live servers) to where I personally can't think of any of these types of camps in recent expansions (HoT onward).

I personally wouldn't be offended to see all of these arbitrary respawn timers go away, but some people would. I think the current play experience on Phinny is the best EQ play experience I've ever had, and its just a question of where does the development team want the balance to exist between classic feel and modern convenience (big bags, no corpse runs, keyring, no class/race exp penalties, etc.) to exist. In my opinion the pendulum will continue to swing toward modern convenience, and those people who really and truly want the pure class experience will have P99 available to them, but I am not on the development team, so I could be completely wrong ^_^
  3. Aenoan Augur

Epics fine. Learn to take advantage of a giant community at your disposal.

Actually instead of whining about epic, stuff... I would like to see Bards chants/dots get fixed. I miss watching bards swarm kite.
  4. Finley Augur

Those aren't broken, they were purposefully changed.
  5. Aenoan Augur

Well aware of that.