Deleted permanent spells. How to get it back?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Krtr, Nov 4, 2023.

1. Krtr New Member

By mistake I deleted the permanent spells in my effects window. Any ideas would be appreciated in how to get it back.

Thanks
  2. Lilfella Elder

Can you elaborate on which buff?
  3. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

EQ Used to rely on item clicks for some permanent buffs, like shadow of defense, etc Those mods that happened when you clicked an item would add a buff tha thad a value and remained permanently.

With continued level increases, the space for actual buffs on a character would have had to be expanded beyond reasonable space, so all those permanent buffs were made into-----

AAs

When you click whichever tem the FIRST time you unlock the associate rank of whichever buff and a "shadow of______________" titled icon appears- If you right click and hold the icon in the effects window, you can read- The buff has no effect- The become AAs now and the shadow perma buffs can be deleted and ignored after that with 2 exceptions- In some cases one buff type (secondary AC) may bounce / overwrite the other, so you may wish to continue to keep the clicky in a bank or bag in case you wish to switch. Also some few of the buffs are bufs and NOT Shadow of__________ such as the typically back slotted damage shield, which IS removable / reclickable as needed.

Some people also keep a couple few of the dad clickies just to place a "junk buff" into the slots of the effects window that often get overwritten by enemy debuffs. (sacrificial casts) or versus mobs that dispell buffs.
  4. Krtr New Member

Thanks for the info. I was a shadow of,,,,, buff type.. they read permanet.
  5. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Yes, the effect they give you is permanent but not the icon. So you just deleted the icon which is no big deal

However you can click the item (usually armor of some sort) and it will show the icon again. But you do not need to click them again to get the buff - that is what was permanent.

Some players like to keep the "shadow of" buff icons showing in hopes that the mob will dispell those before their good buffs.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  6. Krtr New Member

Krtr said:
    “Thanks for the info. I was a shadow of,,,,, buff type.. they read permanet.”
    Yes, the effect they give you is permanent but not the icon. So you just deleted the icon which is no big deal

However you can click the item (usually armor of some sort) and it will show the icon again. But you do not need to click them again to get the buff - that is what was permanent.

Some players like to keep the "shadow of" buff icons showing in hopes that the mob will dispell those before their good buffs.

Thanks this helps a lot. I was worried that I deleted something that I could not get back. But it seem that if the spells is always with the character it does not matter that much that the effect does not show on the effects window
    : )