Deleted Heroic Character

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Doonish, Jun 9, 2017.

1. Doonish New Member

Hey i deleted my heroic character but I am not allowed to make another. Do you have to wait for this option to show up?
  2. smash Augur

The heroic char was from when?

First time they gave 1 for free or second time?

If first time, then you could only delete the heroic char for a limited time of around 30 days and get a new one. After that time you would not be able to remake new heroic char for free.

Second free heroic char, I dont think there that time limit in.
  3. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

You sometimes have to jump thru hoops for the next one. Try creating a regular char first then logging in - say the tutorial or wherever - check and see if the "upgrade" button shows up on your inventory screen. Or if you log all the way out to desktop then it may show up on next log in - after char was made. Then again there are server issues today.
  4. Rizzin Elder

I thought it was this:

1) if you paid for it, you an always delete it and get it back
    2) if it was free, you can delete it and replace it during the grant period (which ended at the end of March). Otherwise it's lost.
  5. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Per Roshen at the time when the free ones were given out in March:

"The Heroic Character earned during this promo functions like a paid Heroic Character. There's no expiration date on it, once it's on your account."

"As long as you log into a character on a server during the promo, you'll get the Heroic Character added to your account"

So bottom line if you buy them the can be remade. And the one given in March "functions like a paid" so you can remake those. If you got logged into your account during the promo period then your account was granted one heroic to use anytime as it has "no expiration date on it" and can be remade.
  6. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

7. Mysl Augur

This is something I wonder about. I have 2 free ones, and I bought couple more, so in my account, I have a mixture of heroic characters. How do I find out which one is the free one, which one is the purchased one, since I did not keep a record of which is which?
  8. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

The only one that can not be remade now and could only be remade during a specific time period was the one first given out back in 2014 when they were introduced. Plus another person mentioned on the forums that you will receive a warning that it would permanently delete the heroic if you had that one used and selected it to delete.
  9. Rizzin Elder

I have a level 45 heroic character and a few level 50 heroic characters from WAY back when, when they were introduced. I'm hesitant to delete them but they really have little value now.
  10. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I am confused. :( ????? How can you have a level 45 and 50 heroic? Did you de-level them? A heroic is one that you can buy or were given away twice that are instant level 85. From DB when they first came out:
    What are Heroic Characters?
    Heroic Characters allow players to select any class and begin their adventures in EverQuest at level 85 with a full complement of gear, Alternative Advancement Abilities, food, drink, and platinum.
  11. Treiln Augur

I remember having a sac toon that I kept around for my Necro. Last I remember, I couldn't sac below level 46. Now that's not to say you didnt go out and commit suicide enough times to drop to 45.

Heroic characters are boosted to 85 and were introduced some time after I quit so I can't say when...but I do know they were all 85
  12. Rizzin Elder

I'm not sure if they were called Heroic Characters back then, but they have gone through a couple of rounds of free high level characters in the past (at levels 45 and 50).

For what it's worth, I deleted a level 50 druid that was one of these free characters and I was not credited with a level 85 Heroic Character (no surprise).
  13. Anhari Augur

I am confused with this as well. I do not remember SOE ever giving level 45 or 50 Heroic Characters. I do know that when the introduced the 1st level 85 heroic characters was in 2014, and for a limited time you were allowed to create/try-out/delete and re-roll until you found the character you wanted, either upgrading an existing char, or making a new one. After the promo period, you could not delete these without loosing them.

I now have two or three 85 Heroics on tree accounts on test, but never play them anymore. I also have the granted HC's (2 on one account) that I haven't redeemed. One of these days I will settle down and figure out what server and what character I want to go through Norrath with :p
  14. Visitor Augur

There have been level 51 with 50 AA characters on some servers, but, they were not Heroic Characters, just head starts.
  15. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

You are right.
    I stand corrected:
    A Head Start In Adventuring
    • What good is inviting a friend to play if they cant join you right away? Invitees will receive the ability to create one Head Start Character, starting at level 51 with 50 Alternate Ability points. With a close friend in amongst the citizens of Norrath, Invitees will be able to quickly acclimate to life and play in the world of EverQuest. Starting at level 51 will make that process even quicker!
    Part of the old "invite a friend" promotion; https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/invite-a-friend-to-play-everquest.187394/