Delete a guild - free up the name?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Ratbo Peep, May 31, 2017.

1. Ratbo Peep Augur

It's already a given that guild names must be unique server wide - not just on that server.
    So. If one was to delete a guild on a given server - can the name then be reused on another server? Anyone have personal experience with this working?
    -W
  2. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Guild names don't have to be unique server wide, they just have to be created by the same account. The guild name is associated to the person who created it, I unless you "own" the guild name I would imagine just deleting the guild wouldn't be enough to free it up to be used by others.

I have the same guild name on 2 different servers, so I can confirm that is possible.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  3. Iyacc Augur

Same scenario as Yinla. Also at one point way back in the past after we stopped playing, some of us came back. Our guild name had been carried on by other people( I had made someone else guild leader when I quit playing) who stayed but they had become inactive also.

It was possible at that point to "recover" access to the guild using the original account that had created it so we could play again. We then moved over to The Combine and creatd the guild again and played for a while.

My problem now is slightly different. Daybreak helped me recover my old accounts so I could find the one that "owned" the guild name. I've got that account and it shows my character on two different servers as leader of our guild.

The game still won't let me create our guild on Agnarr or any other server because "the guild name already exists on another server." I'm still waiting on them to figure that one out.
  4. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

From what I remember I had to petition to get my 2nd guild created and they did it for me.
  5. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Its probably an Agnar thing. And apparently if you delete that guild name by deleting the guild you have to wait 48 hours.
  6. Gidono https://everquest.allakhazam.com

It won't let you create the guild on another server. At least now it won't. I tried recreating my same guild on another server and it told me that guild name already exists on another server. Deleting the guild on one server will work however there is delay as to when you can recreate it.
  7. Iyacc Augur

Ok, thanks for the update. Guess I'll do some deleting and recreating.
  8. Galrois New Member

It wouldn't let me have the same guild name on 2 different servers.

I had a guild on server X, with exactly one member. I transferred that character to server Y, and then that character tried to create the guild on Y. It was not allowed, and the reason given was that the name was in use on another server.