Dear Dev's

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by qsnoopyjr, Jun 10, 2021.

1. qsnoopyjr Lorekeeper

I have been gone from EQ for 4/5 years. I went to WOW because of my son. He can no longer play and I am back home. I want to let you know I think the Overseer Quests are BRILLIANT!. The WoW equivalent are hugely popular. Please give the EQ Dev that wrote this code a giant bonus. Now a request. As I understand it, from reading the forum, the drop rate of Crystallized Restless Ore was significantly reduced. It probably made sense at the time. At this stage of the expansion, with returning players like me, it might be time to make TS ore more obtainable. It might just keep current, frustrated players from /quit. It will encourage returning players like me, with multiple old accounts, to re-sub. Thanks. I would appreciate player comments on this suggestion. Stay safe.
    Stymie, code-zero and Skuz like this.
  2. Sissruukk Rogue One

Well, the massive ore drop rate was not supposed to have happened. Unfortunately, when they fixed it a month later it got hit with a hammer instead of a light tap (or so it seemed). So, now it is intentionally "working as intended." The major side effect, as you pointed out, is that players late to the game don't benefit from the mistake that was made. Named mobs will drop the ore, but not consistently. The only viable mission to run without a headache for ores is Zlandicar. But with that only one ore drops per mission.

There is always a mistake that is inadvertently left in the game at first release of an expansion that gets fixed in the next patch. When RoS was released, they accidentally left nigriventer venom on the poison vender in The Overthere, so a lot of rogues went in and bought bags full of it. But those that came after the patch the next month were left without. Now nigriventer venom is pretty hard to come by as they limited them to spiders only in ToV and CoV, and even then the drop rate is pitiful.
    Stymie, qsnoopyjr and Skuz like this.
  3. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Yea overseer is awesome i love it i hope they continue to maybe add stuff to it least the collection and tradeskill stuff is automated just being one expansion behind. Ts quest is where i get my poisons so i can make the xx. Oh yea bout the poison being on vendor i did buy like 5k or something i didnt buy more because i figured they were just a vendor thing but there are a few that really stocked up though. Welcome back to eq jr.

Andarriel
    qsnoopyjr likes this.
  4. Thancra Loladin

But what we trully need is BIG BAD BOSS in raids. Imo.
    Naugrin likes this.
  5. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

"Dear Dev's"
    Thank you for all your work, and make pizza in the game :)

PS, when is your next mini ingame event?
  6. Febb Augur

Deer devs.

[IMG]