Deadening Wave is NOT useless.

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Blurred_Memories, May 9, 2016.

1. Eriadoc Elder

While I completely agree with the bolded, I wanted to point out one mitigating factor. I never use Deadening Wave myself, though I don't blink twice if someone else says they use it. It's the most awesome thing about our class - we each play slightly differently, but we get the job done. So however you get from A to B is on you. But I find that a combination of Scintillating Beam, the cone AA mez (forgot the name, sorry), and Stare takes care of all situations that I've been in without any risk of mezzing myself. Moving mobs? AA mez. Stare has a decently sized radius as well.

I'd never go so far as to call any of our spells useless, because I do feel like there are situations, however rare they may be sometimes, when you can find a use for something. But Wave is high on my list of "less useful", personally.

And for whoever was asking about the mez that you can only use after a rest period -- I have only ever found one use for that, and I'm not sure it applies anymore. Back when TDS first came out, the Degmar mission was a super PITA. I could not land mez on the mobs for some reason, at all. So after one of our many deaths and resets, I memmed the aforementioned mez, waited on pathing to separate a few of them, and popped one with mez. It worked. Could be completely anecdotal. *shrug*