DBG exp nerf fixes

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Ishtass, Mar 1, 2015.

1. Ishtass Augur

Is Daybreak looking to gain any positive faction by undoing the horrible exp nerfs that took affect a few months ago? Figured I'd see if it was resub time yet or not ;)

/sees shadow and crawls back into hole
    Hiladdar likes this.
  2. Coronay Augur

No they said they do not want to change the amount of exp required to go from 100 to 105.
  3. Ishtass Augur

I'm talking about the penalty for exping in older content.
    Hiladdar and Xianzu_Monk_Tunare like this.
  4. Kolani Augur

Kill in level appropriate content. Bam, problem fixed. Bottomfeeding on light blues should never be the best source of xp in the game, period.
    Nolrog, Tarvas, Loratex and 2 others like this.
  5. Ishtass Augur

6. Tatankawolfdancer Elder

Since Smed is still in charge, I'd say the odds of that happening are a number pretty closely approaching zero.

"Kill in level appropriate content. Bam, problem fixed. Bottomfeeding on light blues should never be the best source of xp in the game, period."

Well, you can have penalty fighting dark blues. Nice try, thanks for playing!

Tat
    Ishtass likes this.
  7. Tamaden Elder

You guys have to realize SOE was despaired , think back to RoF T3 and T4 zones, there were dead after quests were done, or ToR zone or Sep in VoA. So the decision was they can't make good zone so they force us all to come to poorly made zones like Caverns, forgetting that many classes do not solo yellows and reds well.
    So my message to you all FIGHT IT, you shouldn't take crappie zones if you don't like them. Old zones nerf was total admission of epic fail to create something good.
  8. Sancus Augur

Since no one actually answered the question...

On the twitch stream they stated they'd be looking into the XP nerf that took place. Basically their conditions are that they want the amount of time it takes to level from 100 to 105 to stay constant, and for the newest content to offer the best reward. With that being said, JChan (IIRC) said it was likely that they will change it to some extent, but the exact nature of the changes are still being discussed.

My guess is they'll make it less crappy, but I doubt it will be completely reverted. But, who knows.
  9. Bigbear Augur

Daybreak said that they would look at it (the xp nerf) again and decide on the right course of action.

as for kolani above... i agree that killing mass amounts of lt blues shouldnt be the best way to xp in this game and i personally find it boring.. i still stand by the fact that its none of daybreak's business how i get my xp provided that i am not disrupting anyone elses game play. if i pay them a sub and buy their expansions which is making the company money then they should keep out of my play time with unnecessary nerfs like the xp nerf and the merc nerf.
  10. Tual Augur

That's not the point, and never was the point, you knew that though, didn't you? Keep cheering for mediocre customer service though, it looks good on you.
  11. Siddar Augur

I have three level 95 on F2P accounts. What would you classify as appropriate content for them? Because as soon as I group them with any of my three level 105 subscription accounts exp in RoF and VoA gets nerfed for them along with the level 105s.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and Ishtass like this.
  12. Necromonious Augur

If you're going to PL, you have to do it in TDS, but it's still possible. Even as fubar as it is, caverns would be a good zone, due to having lev 105 mobs that are chanter and evoker types with not much HP, fast to kill and giving good exp.

But alas, any sub-100 won't be able to get any further than brother's island. Which I've still PL'ed people on the animals there, the ones for quests that are higher level have absurd amounts of hp, so it's not the fastest, but I've gotten a few people some levels in their 90's there. Katta and tempest mobs give sh*t exp, not worth it for PL
  13. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

Hate to burst your bubble, but 95s with 105s is hardly PL'ing.
  14. Siddar Augur

How do I PL f2p accounts without TDS in TDS? Those characters should be being leveled in RoF but you cant do that because of exp nerf transferring from level 105 to the level 95 as soon as they group together. Two of my three level 105 accounts are max AA and don't care about exp except for necro grinding a few AA for glyphs. They spend most of there time simply max AA and Max exp pumping fellowship exp bonus to other characters. I don't like exp nerf on my post level 100 accounts but ill live with it. The nerf passing to level 95 character simply because they group with a level 100+ in RoF is simply not tolerable and as aa result those accounts will sit at level 95 until a change is made. I will only level alts on my subscription accounts where I can drag them through CotF for exp with out the nerf.
  15. Sebbina Augur

Just do the 2 Teek Tasks each day, if one of your accounts is a porter you can bind in mid Valley to get there quick and then use the port to grounds. If you insist in sitting in a corner and refusing to do anything, well, just remember to clean off the spider webs once in a while.
  16. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

The xp nerf was poorly thought out and completely unnecessary. It stopped none of the things that the Dev's claimed it was for, and only punished people who actually don't race to max level. It should be 100% repealed and never repeated.
  17. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I agree it shouldnt be the best. It should be a hell of a lot higher then it is atm. Almost all my toons are max aa so I dont have a bet on this table (not into dog fighting so not using that saying) but I do believe the old content exp nerf for level 101+ was redicuously excessive. The exp could be tripled and would still be far below current content.

The simple fact is that the degree of the nerf was way overdone and breaks with a system of exp degradation that has worked fine over the years. Was a nerf needed? Yes it needed to be reduced some. Just not anywhere close to what it was reduced. That is just being fair. Players have a right to expect certain degree of continuity in the game and I am sure some purchased TDS with no idea how badly this nerf would be. That is just wrong.
    Ishtass and Xianzu_Monk_Tunare like this.
  18. Necromonious Augur

A lv 95 player tank would be completely run over by a t2 TDS mob. A lv 95 player healer could do a little bit, but it's assumed if I'm killing these mobs, I'm ok on healing. And a lv95 dps class isn't going to do sh*t to dent the millions upon millions of hp's of the mobs, unless he was using all cooldowns.

So basically, they may as well afk. And get the PL, because whats what it is. Maybe they can contribute on cotf mobs where it's definitely not needed lol
    Hiladdar likes this.
  19. Necromonious Augur

U can't PL your alts anymore unless they have TDS. Unless there's a combo of fast cotf HA's to run or somethin. Lev 105 with sub-level 100 is PL'ing
  20. Necromonious Augur

I wish this were different too. Used to make a lot of pp from lv85-100's paying to *cough* group with me. Well they were afk ;)