"Daybreak Week"

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Kellaer, Apr 27, 2015.

1. TheQxx Augur

Daybreak Weak
    Potawatomi, Sheex and Kellaer like this.
  2. Random_Enchanter Augur

I'm going to have to ask if EQ has the idea of 'time limited items'. Items that one obtained (though purchase or drop) only last a set amount of real life time. Application of this to potions that buff XP rate or drop rate might be a good idea. Apply some 'Pick XP or Drop rate' and you give everyone what they want. People who want to XP get the exp potion/buff and people that want drop rate pick that.

Heck you could make them 1-3 hour long buffs that you obtain from some NPC in towns that are only up for a certain period of time.
  3. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Well we have been telling them that was a mistake for quite some time and Absor has admitted they made some boo boos so maybe this is to make up for that.

Of course what I actually think is happening is they want as many toons at or close to max level and aa so that they will be more likely to buy the new expansion.
  4. Absor Developer

The exp thing is just a celebration for our official emergence as a new company and all that. No need to read anything into it.

A
    Phrovo1 and Elricvonclief like this.
  5. Blankslate Elder

So Absor,

Riddle me this.

Why are they celebrating twice as much over at EQII than EQI?
  6. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I pretty much assume everything at Daybreak is done for a business reason.. .well.. just cause.. its a business and I would expect that.

But maybe you can shine some light on the WTF is happening at Daybreak email title. What the heck was that all about? My first thought was phishing scam till I realized it was actually an official email from Daybreak. It wasn't even the correct usage of WTF... WTF is happening at Daybreak sounds like something messed up is going on at Daybreak.
    moogs and Garshok like this.
  7. Kravitz Augur

Completely different game and different dev team, so completely different decisions unless its senior management getting involved.
  8. Kellaer Augur

How many hit points do we have in Everquest compared to Everquest 2? Shouldn't they be the same?

Answer: No. Apples and oranges.
    Caixaa and Silv like this.
  9. Battleaxe Augur

Not my job, but IMO whoever wrote that email could use some mentoring. IMO you want to land somewhere between dry as dust and PeeWee Heman doing his monolog in summer camp. Straining to be hip or maybe a bit to hip to be writing to outsiders. I don't mean to be harsh but doesn't make Daybreak look good.

1. WTanything - not appropriate in corporate correspondence.
    2. "Cool", "Sweet" - not appropriate. "Hot" barely makes the cut. "Bangin'" and "Crazy" do not.
    3. "Smed" - Unless he really really wants to be called that then no. John Smedley or if he's tolerant John (humanizes him and makes it seem more like he's a peer of the player community).

The rest of that email was actually quite good. Loved the layout. Would be nice if there was a link that allowed the receiver to view it in their browser - some email packages don't provide much of a viewport into emails.
    Silv likes this.
  10. Absor Developer

Oddly, my play account didn't seem to get that email... I can't answer why for marketing things, I often find that nobody can. :p

A
  11. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I got the email several hours after the first person reported it and only got it once.. I have several accounts so would have expected it multiple times.
    Silv likes this.
  12. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

Honestly Daybreak's market people do better with timely notification than some others:
    [IMG]
    roguerunner, moogs, beryon and 2 others like this.
  13. Garshok Augur

Unfortunately I don't find that surprising - which is a reflection on marketing, not the Devs.

Here is hoping that changes under DBG
  14. beryon Augur

Huh? They've done double faction & named spawns multiple times before.
  15. Numiko Augur

The difference is not as bad as it seems, as the EQ2 100% bonus only applies to All Access accounts, FTP people get no bonus exp there... over here all accounts are getting the 50% bonus.
  16. Geroblue Augur

Not new at all. I've been here since 2004. I've been a gamer since 1980. One week of extra xp isn't going to hurt this game.
  17. Geroblue Augur

Yeah, not something I care to see as an email title from a company.
  18. Geroblue Augur

Honestly, I play this game to relax. Not to 'out ego' other gamers.

Then why not suggest a fun bonus for those at max level ?

I am a casual player. I've gone back to my original amount of game play, about 5 hours per week. I have over 150 characters on 5 accounts; 3 silver, and 2 ftp. I wont zoom through content, and I have other hobbies than EQ. I'm using this bonus XP period to level up one or two characters to 20th level.
  19. Warpeace Augur

The email title was a very poor choice and didn't show any professionalism in my opinion.

There is a difference in being professional and hip vs just trying to be cool.

That email was a huge fail in my book after receiving it and only seeing the title.
    Geroblue likes this.
  20. guado Augur

You complainers are complaining in the wrong place.
    @raqmarcelo PR for DGC
    @GoNinjaKitty PR & Global Comm for DGC
    @navsturr Head of Marketing / Sales or DGC
    @candacebrenner Director of Marketing DGC
    I'm confident these ladies would appreciate constructive feedback or can point it in the direction of those responsible for the email. It didn't hit or miss me either way.
    Because Twitter is how we do things now ;)