Daybreak customer experience

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by kexor, Oct 11, 2017.

1. kexor New Member

2/3 of my accounts since 15 years was banned during this 2FA ban wave.
    The account that had 2FA enabled was not banned,
    All accounts had same personal information and was always played together named account1-3

So i send a petition from the non banned account, asking why they have been banned
    5 days later a reply drops in:

To release the ban on the accounts A,B we will first need to verify the information on the accounts to verify that you are the accounts owner.”
    -Daybreak

Provide:
    • Name on Credit Card:
    • The last 4 digits of the Credit Card used on the account:
    • Full Billing Address:
    • Current answer to security question: (What is your favorite animal?)
    I produce all the answers without knowing the 4 last digits and a day later i get:

“We cannot assist with the account unless you are able to provide us with the last 4 digits of the card that was used.
    The credit card was last used in October 2016”
    -Daybreak

Bank recommends the use of a temporary credit card with a fixed amount attached to it for online purchases i smell trouble especially since i forgot to save the credit card used for making the account all those years ago.
    After a brief conversation with my bank i find out that they do not offer this service to retrieve old visa numbers from online cards, however they are happy to help retrieve the transaction record.

Going back to the petition explaining the situation asking if perhaps providing photo-id/passport instead would be sufficient(like when buying a car,taking a mortgage or passing the US customs)

Upon providing the last 4 digits on the card we will be able to recover the account. We take account security very seriously and cannot make exceptions. Thank you for your patience and understanding on the matter.
    -Daybreak

Account Security is of the utmost importance to Daybreak Games. We want players to have confidence in Daybreak Games and their own Account Information.

Regards,
    Ray C.
    Technical Support Representative
    Daybreak Game Company.

Played on Rallos, Stormhammer, Venril Sathir, Fippy Darkpaw and Lockjaw
    Outlived Sony and Verant

Slain by Daybreak
  2. Smokezz The Bane Crew

What is the 2FA ban you speak of?

The customer service you speak of sounds very typical. They're very insistent on the credit card number, sometimes even asking for the one used 10+ years ago which is kind of absurd.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  3. Cleaver Augur

banks are required to keep records for years. There is no reason they cannot provide you with the last 4 digits of a CC that you had a year ago. I would get back on the phone with the bank and ask to talk to someone in charge. They're required by law to keep these records for so many years.
  4. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I think "2FA ban wave" refers to the 2 step authorization process according to google. But then I have not heard of any ban waves happening recently. The closest thing was the 2 step authorization that was failing on character transfers a few weeks ago. That might have had more to do with the smart phone upgrades.

"All accounts had same personal information "

Well if they all had the same info and one is not banned why not log into that one and see what the last four are?

"Bank recommends the use of a temporary credit card with a fixed amount attached to it for online purchases" Yeah for unknown sites you might buy from. But you've been here 15 years and still use a temporary card? I don't understand how your using a temporary card with a fixed amount to pay for EQ for 15 years on a reoccurring payment.

Good luck on finding those numbers.
  5. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Oh, I know what 2FA means... just no idea what this 2FA ban wave is.

I do know that the Daybreak Defender app broke with the latest iOS update. But that doesn't mean an account is BANNED. That simply means the person can't log in until the app is fixed.
  6. kexor New Member

Main reason is that only the last 2 digits are displayed, yes in theory i can make 100 guesses and get it right.

Obvious thing first, its not the same cc used over 15years.
    Since the bank say they cant do this i have to accept that. your likely right about the law requiring them to save information for years(laws are different across the world)
    But that does mean its available to customers, for example DBG also has some regulations on what they are required to save, but that do not mean they will ever give out that information.

This is more about showing how Daybreak treats its customers and the flexibility they show, the forms of identification offered would be enough to buy a house, but not enough to play Everquest
  7. Cornerstone New Member

Strange that this is the same as the flurry of complaints from that site that hosts the em q software.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  8. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

?? What is em q software if you don't mind telling me?:)
  9. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Just had an account randomly banned, no email at all so I no idea what it could be for. The account in question has been sitting as an offline trader for the past 3 weeks until this afternoon when I logged it in to update prices and parcel like 40k plat off it.

Isn't the first time I've had an account randomly get banned with no warning either. :confused:
  10. Silinius Augur

Yeah, not sure what happened today but a number of folks had just random characters (bankers, some mains, some random alts etc.) banned. One guy had like 5 accounts banned but his other 20 accounts weren't... so random. One guy had 4 accounts banned but had one account that made it. Probably want someone to take a look at consistency.
  11. Rhaage Augur

+1 for seemingly random ban
  12. Cornerstone New Member

I suspect it isnt random..;)
  13. Skuk New Member

I had this a few days ago, i run 7 accounts all subbed. 1 of the 7 got banned with no warning, i petitioned and asked for an explanation why for no reason this one was banned. here is the generic gm email in return.
    'The account has been permanently banned because it has come to our attention that it has changed hands, which is not something we allow.

Lead GM Remdag'

well it was my an account my friend let me use, i paid to sub it though. still very frustrating considering i just leveled a toon to 60 on that account.
  14. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Please read this: https://www.daybreakgames.com/terms-of-service?locale=en_US#section2
    Specifically this: "You may not sell, transfer, or allow others to access and/or use your account."
    So your "friend" must have done this: "Please notify us immediately if you are aware of any unauthorized access to and/or use of your account."