Daybreak Community Issue Tracker Broken?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Fanra, Jul 21, 2017.

1. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Last night I created a bug report over at the Daybreak Community Issue Tracker. It created just fine. Today, I visited it to see how the report was doing. The report was gone.

Just now, I recreated the report. Then I went to look for it. It was not there.

Anyone know what's going on?

In the meantime, I'm going to report the bug here Live Update Bugs 07/19/17, even though it is not a "new" bug, because I don't have a place to put it with the Issue Tracker broken.
  2. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

So, it seems the Daybreak Community Issue Tracker has a section to create bug reports about the website. So I did. And it disappeared.

So I need a section to report that I can't report in the Website Issue tracker section which you are supposed to report website issues in. :confused:. Welcome to Catch-22 :cool:

I did manage to create a wiki page there reporting this. I hope someone on the staff there sees it. I couldn't find an email address, which would have really made it much easier to report this stuff.

Oh, the website there is also very slow.
  3. Angahran Augur

Appears dead :(
    JIRA Startup Failed

The following plugins are required by JIRA, but have not been started:
    • JIRA Projects Plugin (com.atlassian.jira.jira-projects-plugin)
    • Atlassian Navigation Links Plugin (com.atlassian.plugins.atlassian-nav-links-plugin)
    • Atlassian JIRA - Plugins - Project Config Plugin (com.atlassian.jira.jira-project-config-plugin)
    • Applinks - Plugin - Core (com.atlassian.applinks.applinks-plugin)
    • Atlassian OAuth Service Provider Plugin (com.atlassian.oauth.serviceprovider)
    • Embedded Gadgets Plugin (com.atlassian.gadgets.embedded)
    • Gadget Directory Plugin (com.atlassian.gadgets.directory)
    • Atlassian JIRA - Plugins - Gadgets Plugin (com.atlassian.jira.gadgets)
    • Atlassian JIRA - Plugins - Global Issue Navigator (com.atlassian.jira.jira-issue-nav-plugin)
    • Atlassian JIRA - Plugins - Quick Edit Plugin (com.atlassian.jira.jira-quick-edit-plugin)
    • Atlassian REST - Module Types (com.atlassian.plugins.rest.atlassian-rest-module)
    • Atlassian JIRA - Plugins - REST Plugin (com.atlassian.jira.rest)
    • Opensocial Plugin (com.atlassian.gadgets.opensocial)
    • Gadget Dashboard Plugin (com.atlassian.gadgets.dashboard)
  4. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

I had at one point intended to come and ask where you report an issue with the issue tracker, but I got sidetracked. That said, the dgcissuetracker.com is back up.
    Fanra likes this.
  5. Nniki Augur

Looks like both of Fanra's submissions showed up.
    Fanra likes this.
  6. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Yes, they showed up now. I went and asked the moderator over there to remove the duplicate one, since the creator of an issue can't edit or delete it.
  7. adetia Monkess Wonder, Ruler of All

i closed it out
    Fanra likes this.
  8. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I thought Daybreak had given up on this, there has been threads confirmed by moderators and nothing from Daybreak staff since May.
  9. adetia Monkess Wonder, Ruler of All

While I am a volunteer with the issue tracker (as project administrator for EQ), I can't speak for anyone who works at DB.

That said, Its still very much in force. Its rare to see a patch that I can't easily trace several items back to the issue tracker. However, at times, particularly when the development team is busy with other objectives, the time they have free to investigate problems there seems to go in waves, fits and bursts. Much like how sometimes you see alot of dev activity on the forums with direct fixes and then other times much less. Sometimes issues can take literally a few years to get fixed, but they do eventually get to a good number of issues based on availability, time, and how complicated a particular issue can be.
    Fanra likes this.
  10. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Would be nice see somethings like the AB issues acknowledged that they are aware and that it is being looked into.

I've given up on it now and gone back to /bug and posting on the bug thread.